FNRttC The Tour 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ghent Jazz festival is on between 6 - 15 July and having been there a couple of years ago with @hopless500 i am certainly going to drag @Fab Foodie back to enjoy some of it after we leave you in Maastricht.
Belgian jazz? Nice....

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Good news. Leave booked last month and it's a good job I had the foresight to book Monday (10/07). An early morning arrival in Harwich means I can get oop North by late afternoon.

I was a little concerned about getting to Dover for noon on Saturday, however, on checking National Rail it seems this should be doable although, a 2pm ferry will allow more breathing space.

A Saturday departure works better for me as it means that I don't need take Friday off to get to the South coast. Think I'll cancel the leave for Friday 30/06, but before I do, can I ask if these dates are now set?

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
An early morning arrival in Harwich means I can get oop North by late afternoon. ......I was a little concerned about getting to Dover for noon on Saturday, however, on checking National Rail it seems this should be doable although, a 2pm ferry will allow more breathing space.......A Saturday departure works better for me as it means that I don't need take Friday off to get to the South coast.
To the untrained eye, it might almost seem that this had all been carefully planned.

StuAff

Thinking of plan C for the Saturday- ride to the Hook direct from Eindhoven. I don't want to take the Monday off work if I can help it, would rather keep the odd day for a quiet night out. OK, a loud one..

(Gently drums keyboard waiting to book the single rooms)...

StuAff

Hotel bookings made, all on refundable terms should there be any last minute changes. Be warned that central Maastricht is ££££ for hotel pricing, I'm five miles south and saving a lot of money.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It's a choice between a day off or no day off.
No day off is a cheaper trip, but a shorter trip and there's no day off, we'd have one night in Maastricht and press on thus crossing on the Saturday night.
We could have a day off earlier, in Leuven, but it's nowhere near as nice as Maaastricht.
Fridays Central could easily be moved from the town cente out to nearer the cheaper hotels.
Thoughts?

StuAff

I thought Leuven was lovely, opinions vary (as always). I'll be going for the Saturday crossing either way...on which point, group ferry bookings again?
I'd say stick with a central spot for FC, as the cheaper options are all over the shop.

Top Bottom