The UK mainland Compass points tour....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Slightly more back on topic, is there not a case to be made for the most westerly point to be Neist Point Lighthouse on the Isle of Skye? Yes, I know people on Skye still call themselves islanders, but there's now a road bridge - you can't get much more connected to the mainland than that surely?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Slightly more back on topic, is there not a case to be made for the most westerly point to be Neist Point Lighthouse on the Isle of Skye? Yes, I know people on Skye still call themselves islanders, but there's now a road bridge - you can't get much more connected to the mainland than that surely?
Yes, no, maybe. But it’s not really the mainland is it?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Cycling between the four cardinal compass points of the UK is a long way. Sidetracking through Holme Fen on the way to or from Lowestoft is, comparatively, minimal by comparison. Apologies for my imprecision.
I guess it's about 50 extra miles if done between east and north points (so instead of crossing at Fosdyke), more otherwise. Minimal? Not sure.

minininjarob

I met a group of guys doing that tour in a brace of Morgan Plus 4’s cars and it seemed like a great idea for a tour.

Conradm

Regular
Hey
Quick Google map bike option route check. Ness Point to Holme Fen 116m, Holme Fen to Lizard 366m. Ness Point to Lizard 449m. So 482-449=33m extra for the detour to Holme Fen. Ok?

Top Bottom