The ultimate band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I've seen a good few local bands and the standard of musicianship these days is way way higher than it was when i was a kid...saw two guitarists play night before last in local here...blimy...for acouple of 'kids' they were superb. Same goes for the interwebnetjobby....there are thousands of top class players out there, many under the age of 20...i guess it's because there are so many more ways to learn these days , more support, more technology etc.
I'd probably be more likely to go look for my ideal line up from the 'community' of unknown musos out there than anywhere else, even if i had my pick of 'ex' well known peeps...apart from the money to be made from a so called 'supergroup' the talent base is larger amoungst the unknown musos out there.

so..revised BOAB BAND

My Mate Wilko on Keyboards
My Mate Mark on Bass
My Mates Steve or Brian on drums
The female singer I saw in the pub this week
Myself on guitars

This band would make rock history and live in infamy for eternity:whistle:

rollinstok

I very much agree with bigonabianchi in relation to local talent and the ability of some youngsters these days.
Its a great pity that mainstream TV and the music industry is focused on celebrity rather than genuine talent, many doors are no longer open for musicians. I too could get a band together that would be the equal of any supergroup, the thing with most musos is they dont want the limelight.. they dont want to perform to an audience that couldnt care less, and they dont want to jump through hoops to make money for a label.
My home recording band is Dave on drums, Kim on bass, Richard or myself on keyboard...ditto guitar, young Owen ( 17 ) who visits now and then and plays Oud, Mandolin, Violin and guitar. Any or all of us on vocals with various guest singers, guitarists and another bass guitarist ( who aint so good but we humour him ).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Ringo Star on drums.:blush:

Lets see
Trev on drums
Nick on bass
Nicci on flute
Pheobe assistant flautist (she's just learning)
Andy on rythm guitar
Kev on acoustic or electric lead guitars
Jan on lead vocals and sometimes lead guitar
Penny and Martha backing vocals
Oh yes and Ian on sound and other technicals < me:thumbsup:

Not everybody plays every Sunday and Gillie fills in as relief drummer or lead vocals. Don't know whether they would be the "ultimate band" but they usualy sound good on a Sunday morning.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yup, absolutely!.....until it gets to 3:29....

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY[/media]

I thought that was garbage until I realised it was his purpleness on the solo. Fantastic that was.

My own supergroup would comprise of Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare on bass and drums with Prince on the guitar and Lee Perry singing/producing/generally creating the vibe. And me on banjo, of course.

Top Bottom