The ultimate tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mark Beaumont has just arrived back at his starting point in Paris after cycling round the world in 276 days. Is this the ultimate cycle tour?

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
"He endured floods and road rage, and was knocked off his bike ... by an elderly motorist who drove through a red light."

That bit read more like a normal days commuting...

will

that's pretty amazing. truly!

But I would never do it, I'll stick to empty, beautiful roads in civilization

(wimp)

Tony

Met him in Australia. Said he was going to try and break 200 days---fair play!

An' he's put my pic up on his website.....

Brock

Abitrary said:
How fast are you going to do it mate? Bet it's got you thinking...

Well obviously I could do it in 180 odd if I had an aluminium frame, but mine is steel, so I have to keep stopping at cafés and bars etc.... And I have to wait for the woman, she steadfastly refuses to cycle any faster than comfortable dawdle. My ale gut makes aero position impossible, so I'd have to wait for tail winds and I can't read maps, so Guinness would probably disqualify me for taking a short cut or something.

P.H

Über Member
Tony said:
I think his bike was a Koga Signature, built to measure.

I think the Signatures are stock frames with finish and components of choice. Bikefix have a thing to play on.
It's possible his one is unique, though I can't think why they'd have used a chain tensioner on a Rohloff if that were the case.
But what a ride, I've been folowing it for the last couple of months. I wonder how long that record will stand.

Tony

He rode a bike a long way, he had time to stop and talk with people he met, he carried his own gear round the world. I'd call that touring, but at the extreme end.
And as said, he is a nice guy.

Top Bottom