The University of the Blindingly Obvious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Melvil

trustysteed;32623][quote name= said:
We should collaborate!!

or maybe you shouldn't![/quote]

Perhaps we could set up a joint department of ambivalent studies, closely aligned to the unpredictability institute, which is as of this moment currently in the process of being built / torn down....no-one is sure.

ChrisKH

Guru
Professor of Apathy Studies.

One of my exam questions:

"What did Marlon Brando really mean when he said " I couldn't give a flying f*&k at a rolling doughnut "?

Christopher

Über Member
I think there is a post-doc in 'Producing very pretty and utterly meaningless Graphs' coming up. This vital work will help with Kirstie's upcoming paper 'Retail Price Indexing in rural Guatamala 1907-27 as related to the novels of Muriel Spark', oh and my pamphlet 'How to make a few weather forecasts apply to any situation ever - and retire'

Kirstie, you may want to branch out into cosomolgy, as SL in Total Uncertainty: Beyond the Event Horizon of Black Holes.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm not sure about this, but maybe I could join the Department of Indecision.

Certainly, our Health & Safety Team could head up the Department for Presenting Biased Data With No Real Attempt at Interpreting or Explaining It.

Christopher

Über Member
What a great thread!

My workplace can supply an entire overstaffed 'Department of Meaningless Management Buzzwords and How the Upcoming Changes are Good for Us but not You, Peasant'

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Frustruck said:
What a great thread!

My workplace can supply an entire overstaffed 'Department of Meaningless Management Buzzwords and How the Upcoming Changes are Good for Us but not You, Peasant'

:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Frustuck

Sounds like the BOHICA management style once described to me by an American (Bend Over Here It Comes Again).:rolleyes:

fuzzy29

Department of Mannerisms

Lesson 1. How to say on the phone "would you like to hold" without sounding sarcastic.

Lesson 2. TV weather presenters, how to use kids drawings to explain yourselves.

Lesson 3. Advice for doctors in saying "this might hurt a little" without falling about laughing.

Lesson 4. Strictly for the fringe members of the Royal Family. How to coax a comfortable living out of the taxpayer without ever looking grateful.

Lesson 5. Special guest speaker, Price Harry, talking on the subject of "Who's ya daddy?"

Top Bottom