The urge to gorge the day after a big ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yesterday I rode a very leisurely 80 miles and while my legs didn't burn like they would on a faster long ride, and although I ate heartily and reasonably healthily today I'm ravenous.

So far this morning I've had a homemade breakfast flapjack and about 50g of cashews and they barely registered on my belly!

So I know protein is good, but what else do folk eat during 'recovery'?

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ah crap I've just remembered that my wife made me a ham and egg muffin to take to work and I forgot it :sad: Is anyone in Ipswich making a journey from near the Station to Farthing Road Industrial estate in the next few hours?

Ningishzidda

I rode the Rawlinson Bracket 'Top Bracket' yesterday and went out for a Mega Mixed Grill at my local pub. Washed it down with a pint of Stella. Then had a good slice of Millionaire's Cheesecake and ice cream to follow.
Not at all hungry this morning. Only had the usual fried eggs and black pudding for breakfast.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I rode the Rawlinson Bracket 'Top Bracket' yesterday and went out for a Mega Mixed Grill at my local pub. Washed it down with a pint of Stella. Then had a good slice of Millionaire's Cheesecake and ice cream to follow.
Not at all hungry this morning. Only had the usual fried eggs and black pudding for breakfast.

I went for the meat option. I had two proper quarter pounder burgers (ie butchers types) when I got back from the ride and a hearty meat lasagne (home made again) for an evening meal. I then had plum crumble and custard, and er, whisky.

Ningishzidda

It was my local boozer. I immedieatley asked for the Mega Mixed Grill. The barmaid exclaimed "You must be hungry?"

"I could eat a horse."

Lee_M

Guru
I went for the meat option. I had two proper quarter pounder burgers (ie butchers types) when I got back from the ride and a hearty meat lasagne (home made again) for an evening meal. I then had plum crumble and custard, and er, whisky.

Thats a menu and a half.

On Saturday I did a 110k,

menu was

porridge for breakfast
McD bigmac meal plus apple pie at halfway point
Chinese take away (set meal for two, between two of us, enough left for another set meal each)

Sunday
Toasted hot cross bun for breakfast
Lasagne and veg for lunch
sticky toffee pudding for tea

BJH

Über Member
A couple of years ago a eh Etape Caledonia we resisted he temptation of Aberdeen Angus burgers on registration day, but when we finished....

Pint of guiness, followed by another while ordering the burgers, big apple pie dessert by which point another couple of pints had gone, then went the pub for more before hitting on a portion of chips

Top Bottom