The usual emphasis by the local rag

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by wafflycat, 16 May 2010.

1. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

2. thomas

thomas the tank engine

To be fair, whenever I've seen any other incidents (cars, or whatever), it's pretty much the same.

They're not really anti-anything.

Had a guest lecture from someone at the paper (they were a little bit boring to be honest :o), but he said that as a paper they'd changed from a paper which fusses to a paper that spreads good news (as much as possible obviously). I think that he was being reasonably accurate though, as I've not seen any anti-cyclists, or anti-such group type articles like you do from some local rags.

3. OP
    OP
    wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

The local rag isn't 'anti-cycling' and thankfully there's not a lot of cycling injuries/deaths reported. But the 'delays to motorists' is the normal state of emphasis. When Zak Carr got killed cycling, there was much complaint about the 'delays to motorists' type-comments.. and not just from me.

4. sheddy

sheddy Guru

I think journos use this as padding. Does anyone read a paper to get traffic updates - er no

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice