1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The View From My Desk ...

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by KneesUp, 13 Mar 2018.

1. KneesUp

KneesUp Veteran

I normally work at the same desk everyday, from which I have a view of a wall with a whiteboard on it. Today, however, I'm out and about for once, and have stopped off to do some work here, so this is the view from my desk until my laptop battery dies (which might be quite soon unless some clouds come so I can turn the brightness down on the screen)

I much prefer this view. What can you see from your desk?
  2. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Veteran

Half way there
    I work from my loft on most days so all of the camping gear, empty home brew kit, xmas decs and other assorted ephemera that I am not going to show anyone, now way, never
  3. OP

KneesUp Veteran

Sounds like our attic, except we have bagged things we haven't got around to taking to the charity shop instead of a brew kit. All covered in a layer of tumble dryer lint.
  4. plantfit

plantfit Über Member

My "desk" is actually at the side of the kitchen worktop,well thats where my laptop and writing materials are anyway, in front of that lot is the side kitchen window overlooking the bird feeders,took this picture through the window
  5. HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental Über Member

What bird is that?
  6. OP

KneesUp Veteran

A long tailed tit, or a Bum Barrel as apparently they are known in some parts of the country. They have fascinating family lives - they are co-operative breeders - birds whose own nest has failed will help other neighbouring pairs raise their own chicks because in the winter they flock to help preserve energy by sharing food and warmth, so it's in the interests of all of them for as many chicks to be reared as possible.
    uphillstruggler and plantfit like this.
  7. HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental Über Member

Thank you. Don't recall seeing one if those.
    uphillstruggler likes this.
  8. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Lolly Pop bird is the correct name.
  9. slowwww

slowwww Über Member

Lovely birds. We get loads of them round here on the bird-feeders. While other species birds will seek to chase off all other birds (with the exception of Blue/Great tits which will occasionally tolerate 1 more of their own kind) we regularly get 5 or 6 long-tailies on these at once with as many waiting patiently nearby to take their place.
    Last edited: 14 Mar 2018
    uphillstruggler likes this.