The View From My Desk ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I normally work at the same desk everyday, from which I have a view of a wall with a whiteboard on it. Today, however, I'm out and about for once, and have stopped off to do some work here, so this is the view from my desk until my laptop battery dies (which might be quite soon unless some clouds come so I can turn the brightness down on the screen)

P3133430.JPG

I much prefer this view. What can you see from your desk?

I work from my loft on most days so all of the camping gear, empty home brew kit, xmas decs and other assorted ephemera that I am not going to show anyone, now way, never

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
What bird is that?
A long tailed tit, or a Bum Barrel as apparently they are known in some parts of the country. They have fascinating family lives - they are co-operative breeders - birds whose own nest has failed will help other neighbouring pairs raise their own chicks because in the winter they flock to help preserve energy by sharing food and warmth, so it's in the interests of all of them for as many chicks to be reared as possible.

A long tailed tit, or a Bum Barrel as apparently they are known in some parts of the country. They have fascinating family lives - they are co-operative breeders - birds whose own nest has failed will help other neighbouring pairs raise their own chicks because in the winter they flock to help preserve energy by sharing food and warmth, so it's in the interests of all of them for as many chicks to be reared as possible.
Thank you. Don't recall seeing one if those.

slowwww

Veteran
Lovely birds. We get loads of them round here on the bird-feeders. While other species birds will seek to chase off all other birds (with the exception of Blue/Great tits which will occasionally tolerate 1 more of their own kind) we regularly get 5 or 6 long-tailies on these at once with as many waiting patiently nearby to take their place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom