The Vuelta with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

semakof

Benal is also a great guy but his back and the effect of the Giro. Sepp Kiss Second.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Super Roglic cruising to victory and the Red Jersey.
Right word that, "cruising". He did nothing showy today but he didn't need to because his rivals seem completely devoid of tactics that can disrupt his reign. He deserves credit for that and holding his form but I still think it makes for dull viewing and today we even had dull weather so the lake was not as pretty as sometimes.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Right word that, "cruising". He did nothing showy today but he didn't need to because his rivals seem completely devoid of tactics that can disrupt his reign. He deserves credit for that and holding his form but I still think it makes for dull viewing and today we even had dull weather so the lake was not as pretty as sometimes.
Seriously...I know you like to be negative but what else would you of liked Bernal try? Sometimes the strongest rider wins...but the stage was made by the attack.

mjr

Seriously...I know you like to be negative but what else would you of liked Bernal try? Sometimes the strongest rider wins...but the stage was made by the attack.
Yes, all due credit to Bernal for setting up another Roglic stage win, 95s more lead and presumably another 10s win bonus.

With the benefit of hindsight, Bernal should have sat up once Roglic followed, dropped back and tried again, unless Bernal is a GT winner who would be happy with second. Shouldn't Bernal and Yates at least have tried to 1-2 him, or even to collaborate informally with Movistar to try something? Are we seeing the Ineos-Movistar feud continue while Jumbo romp away?

mjr

Well, I think IWG have held red for 9 stages of this race. I think their sponsors will be pleased with that.
Four days leading the KoM too. Good for them!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Yes, all due credit to Bernal for setting up another Roglic stage win, 95s more lead and presumably another 10s win bonus.

With the benefit of hindsight, Bernal should have sat up once Roglic followed, dropped back and tried again, unless Bernal is a GT winner who would be happy with second. Shouldn't Bernal and Yates at least have tried to 1-2 him, or even to collaborate informally with Movistar to try something? Are we seeing the Ineos-Movistar feud continue while Jumbo romp away?
Totally disagree 61 k attack...give it all he's got.Chapeau Bernal.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ineos totally farked that up.
Surely it's not beyond them to poke a stick into Roglic's front wheel, send Kuss to the local bike shop to get a Ineos Sky hook and thus win the stage.
Fools for trying to just ride better than the strongest rider by far!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Jakobsen came in 45 minutes down, comfortably inside the cutoff which was about an hour I think. Or 50-odd minutes.

Top Bottom