The Vuelta with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tough finish tomorrow with 7.6km at an average of 9%.
Roglic and JV will have to keep it all under control but it's not easy to do that for 3 weeks. I hope he gets attacked or he may hope that some no hoper in the breakaway takes the jersey for a while.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Tough finish tomorrow with 7.6km at an average of 9%.
Roglic and JV will have to keep it all under control but it's not easy to do that for 3 weeks. I hope he gets attacked or he may hope that some no hoper in the breakaway takes the jersey for a while.
Hols are over,I'll get into this now ! Bardet at 20/1 ew for tommorows stage....the start of my Vuelta 😁

Martinsnos

Does anyone have any idea why they bother interviewing Roglic? Doesn’t he repeat pretty much the same thing in every interview? In summary:
Super hard
Let’s wait and see.

(In fairness, his English is well improved and there are only a few riders who ever say anything of note).

Ah, the usual Eurosport/GCN/Quest highlights show editing... Clearly done by somebody in a hurry, who has no interest in/knowledge of cycling!

"And we have a boring stage today which is very likely to end in a sprint. There aren't any hills. The breakaway will be caught. The only thing of real interest along the way is the intermediate sprint... And we are getting closer to the intermediate sprint... Oh, time for an ad break... We won't show you the intermediate sprint... Right, we can show you some more footage of riders riding along and occasionally falling off. We'll try NOT to show you footage of them peeing, though we do sometimes catch them at it. And they are riding really quickly now. OH NO... I thought some more were going to fall off, but they didn't... PHEW! Back to the race... the sprint is coming. WOW!!" :whistle:
Perfect.

I could just read this every day, save recording the bloody thing ...

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Carapaz took a 20 second penalty for a late feed also ! No big shakes in the GC really ? Thought Adam Yates looked good,but long way to go yet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm going to have to create my own highlights shows for the rest of the Vuelta by fast forwarding through each day's long Eurosport coverage on demand. The Quest 'highlights' really are not working for me... Second longest stage, nearly 202 km. Forget that - here we are with 15 kms to go... Ad break... So here we are with about 5 kms to go... :wacko:

I couldn't get any real feel for that stage at all. It was a nice result but it was a hacked-up mess of a broadcast. Pathetic! :cursing:

Reactions: mjr

Mike_P

Guru
Maybe complaints to the rights owners are in order; I know Eurosport have no idea normally what a highlights show should be but having acquired the highlights rights that ITV had they ought to be putting together a proper highlights show. Showing the last x km is Eurospsorts normal fudge to fill out or catch up the schedule or we get the office monkey editing together a cr*p selection like yesterdays. Still stage 4 tomorrow so odds on we get Saturdays time trail.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Having failed to get a proper understanding of the stage from around 45 minutes of Quest highlights (once ads had been skipped), I took a look at someone explaining the stage properly...

Chris Horner isn't my favourite ex-rider because of the ????????s over his career, but he has a passion for the sport, knows what he is talking about, and explains things well. If Quest could hire him and a decent video editor they could produce a fantastic highlights show!

PS I hadn't picked up on Movistar pulling to stick the knife in Carapaz - a good call from Horner! :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Chris Horner isn't my favourite ex-rider because of the ????????s over his career, but he has a passion for the sport, knows what he is talking about, and explains things well. If Quest could hire him and a decent video editor they could produce a fantastic highlights show!
Except it would have Chris Horner on it, who was a rider the jury is still out on and is a pundit whose basic attitude seems to be all the riders and DSes are stupider than him.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Any chance that someone could start a new thread to whinge about the coverage for those without GCN+.
Maybe we could talk about the race instead on the spoiler thread:whistle:

Top Bottom