The Vuelta with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It looks like a race too far for Carapaz perhaps. I also don't think it was great PR for Tom Pidcock (who I like immensely) to tell the world he wasn't in great shape after partying and not training,for 3 weeks after his gold medal ride.
Looks like Ineos might be 2 riders light already.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think the race is over as a contest. Intermarche Wanty Gobert have an iron grip on the red jersey, and will carry it triumphantly all the way to Madrid. (It does finish in Madrid doesn't it?).

The fact that I have Taaramae in my fantasy team has not affected my judgment at all.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It looks like a race too far for Carapaz perhaps. I also don't think it was great PR for Tom Pidcock (who I like immensely) to tell the world he wasn't in great shape after partying and not training,for 3 weeks after his gold medal ride.
Agree Yates and Bernal look like the choice....but I reckon Carapaz was doing his blag again....third week he'll be flying ! Same for Pidcock I'm sure he'll ride himself into some sort of fitness ? Even Kuss cracked yesterday 😁

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I think the race is over as a contest. Intermarche Wanty Gobert have an iron grip on the red jersey, and will carry it triumphantly all the way to Madrid. (It does finish in Madrid doesn't it?).

The fact that I have Taaramae in my fantasy team has not affected my judgment at all.
You need to stop waiting for Magnus to blink 🙄

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Did you miss my BIG QUESTION MARKS? :laugh:
Is that what they were? Bold, italics and tiny font are not great for readability. Did you miss the "and as a pundit..." bit of my post?

Lanterne Rouge on youtube have some footage and are giving more background/narrative than the GCN highlights show.

Any chance that someone could start a new thread to whinge about the coverage for those without GCN+.
Maybe we could talk about the race instead on the spoiler thread:whistle:
Are the highlights on GCN+ different to the GCN-branded ones on Quest, then?

As some wag wrote earlier: it is stage 4 today so I am looking forwards to seeing the stage 1 highlights at last tonight!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is that what they were? Bold, italics and tiny font are not great for readability. Did you miss the "and as a pundit..." bit of my post?

Lanterne Rouge on youtube have some footage and are giving more background/narrative than the GCN highlights show.

Are the highlights on GCN+ different to the GCN-branded ones on Quest, then?

As some wag wrote earlier: it is stage 4 today so I am looking forwards to seeing the stage 1 highlights at last tonight!
No idea about Quest (is that a TV channel?), but GCN+ viewers can watch the whole race live or at anytime and fast forward, rewind at will depending on your time availability. No need for highlights dependent on someone else's subjectivity.
And virtually every other race, from minor to major, for 20 quid a year.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
No idea about Quest (is that a TV channel?), but GCN+ viewers can watch the whole race live or at anytime and fast forward, rewind at will depending on your time availability. No need for highlights dependent on someone else's subjectivity.
Sold ! Move on...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Quest purports to be a TV channel but reality suggests it may just be a video playlist thrown together badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike_P

Guru
Suppose it could be difficult to edit a highlights package of the critical moments with Carltons ramblings that rarely have anything to do with what is actually happening. Incredibly I noted a comment on Digitalspy of what a good commentator he his:eek:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I paid for the Eurosport app for the telly so I can watch it, but not that impressed with coverage or commentating compared with ITV4, but at least I can see it live I suppose.

Might work out for Pidcock - lets face it - MTB gold was his target this year - this is just an introduction to GT's.
If they wanted a team worker - they could have sent anyone of their squad - this is planning for the future.

GCN+ is great value. I just wish I could get it up on my TV easily without needing to get the laptop out.

Top Bottom