The weather - an apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
So there we were - enjoying what seemed to be months of unbroken dry riding days. Until Monday, when we collected my daughters new rode bike. Since when it has been one long rain storm - I am fairly sure there is an old guy with a beard building an ark down my road. Hoping it will be fit to get out this weekend for our first proper ride together.

So to all fellow cyclists I apologize, I appear to have invoked the wrath of the rain gods.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

So there we were - enjoying what seemed to be months of unbroken dry riding days. Until Monday, when we collected my daughters new rode bike. Since when it has been one long rain storm - I am fairly sure there is an old guy with a beard building an ark down my road. Hoping it will be fit to get out this weekend for our first proper ride together.

So to all fellow cyclists I apologize, I appear to have invoked the wrath of the rain gods.

I didn't help the situation by deciding it was time our outside woodwork needed a fresh coat of varnish.

Drago

Legendary Member
The nation has much to thank @rugby bloke for.

Just 5 days ago the scientificistologists were shaking their heads worryingly, telling us there's a 'drought', and we all need to tighten our belts. Boom, it then rains a months rain in 24 hours, two days running.

Saluki

World class procrastinator

I thought it was because I washed the worst of the bird poo off my car. Nice here yesterday but back raining again and, according to the met office, another week of this :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Bloody 'ell! You varnish the trees!?

;)

No trees will be harmed when I get my brushes out^_^

20170519_175718.jpg

Thanks mate:okay: double soaking on the commute Wednesday, aint had a full dry day since.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just replaced the gear and brake cables, all brake pads, handlebar tape and tyres on my commuter bike. If that doesn't offend the bad-weather gods, nothing will...

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I washed the bike this morning and got it all sparkly and shiny. Even opened up a brand new bottle of oil for the chain.

It's currently sat in the hall still dripping water over the carpet from the torrential downpour that hit on my way home having survived the drizzle of the last 2-3 hours.
I'd even put laundry on the line outside before I set off.
Typical.

Top Bottom