1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The weather - an apology

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by rugby bloke, 19 May 2017.

1. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Über Member

So there we were - enjoying what seemed to be months of unbroken dry riding days. Until Monday, when we collected my daughters new rode bike. Since when it has been one long rain storm - I am fairly sure there is an old guy with a beard building an ark down my road. Hoping it will be fit to get out this weekend for our first proper ride together.

So to all fellow cyclists I apologize, I appear to have invoked the wrath of the rain gods.

Last edited: 19 May 2017
    mjr, Drago, biggs682 and 2 others like this.
  2. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

I didn't help the situation by deciding it was time our outside woodwork needed a fresh coat of varnish.

mjr and rugby bloke like this.
  3. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

I squeezed a ride in at 5.30 am this morning

And hopefully again 2moro am

rugby bloke likes this.
  4. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Über Member

I'm heading out tomorrow morning - got a window between taxiing Junior to her gymnastics training and the Saints game. Fingeres crossed its dry !

5. The nation has much to thank @rugby bloke for.

Just 5 days ago the scientificistologists were shaking their heads worryingly, telling us there's a 'drought', and we all need to tighten our belts. Boom, it then rains a months rain in 24 hours, two days running.

marshmella likes this.
  6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Bloody 'ell! You varnish the trees!?

;)

mjr and dave r like this.
  7. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

I thought it was because I washed the worst of the bird poo off my car. Nice here yesterday but back raining again and, according to the met office, another week of this :sad:

8. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

No trees will be harmed when I get my brushes out^_^

20170519_175718.jpg

Drago likes this.
  9. marshmella

marshmella Über Member

Thanks mate:okay: double soaking on the commute Wednesday, aint had a full dry day since.

rugby bloke likes this.
  10. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Least i havent had to mow the lawn, although i might find some interesting wildlife in it by the time i get around to it
    Tiger-in-the-grass-1600-1200.jpg

dave r likes this.
  11. I just replaced the gear and brake cables, all brake pads, handlebar tape and tyres on my commuter bike. If that doesn't offend the bad-weather gods, nothing will...

Drago likes this.
  12. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Can everyone fo out and buy mudguards?

When i first fitted some cruds and wanted to test them we had a 2 week dry spell. In November.

dave r likes this.
  13. Vantage

Vantage Senior Member

I washed the bike this morning and got it all sparkly and shiny. Even opened up a brand new bottle of oil for the chain.

It's currently sat in the hall still dripping water over the carpet from the torrential downpour that hit on my way home having survived the drizzle of the last 2-3 hours.
    I'd even put laundry on the line outside before I set off.
    Typical.

dave r likes this.
  14. Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush Senior Member

I thought it was because I booked a go at Meadowbank Velodrome - it doesn`t have a roof!

15. midlife

midlife Veteran

I think there some of these at the end of the garden waiting for the war to end........

WWII-Japanese-Soldiers-and-Rising-Sun-Flag.jpg

Shaun

Toshiba Boy likes this.