The wheel giving cyclists an extra push

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
Anything that makes pedalling uphill easier is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, and I want one of these Copenhagen Wheels, but I'm pretty sure that when it goes on sale I'd have to take out a second mortgage to be able to afford it.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I never get that infirm or lazy I'll just revert to the monster truck. If you're going as far as powers propulsion then why get wet in the rain?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
If I never get that infirm or lazy I'll just revert to the monster truck. If you're going as far as powers propulsion then why get wet in the rain?

to paraphrase the great Mr Blair (Eric not Tony), "two wheels good, four wheels bad)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
So the BBC only just found out about it now? It's been available to the general public for about a year.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
i love going up hill the real way,the mans way
Women can ride uphill too.
Just not this one ... :smile:

i've gone for the 1000cc petrol assistance for the journeys where I'm too feeble or lazy to pedal.

Sounds very nice, I have a 1250 version although 1000cc versions are usually the fastest. I do use an old bicycle to ride to work when ever I can to save on fuel and maintenance costs.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sounds very nice, I have a 1250 version although 1000cc versions are usually the fastest. I do use an old bicycle to ride to work when ever I can to save on fuel and maintenance costs.

It was nice being able to buy British on merit, rather than nostalgia. Wanted a smaller bike really, but forced into a bigger machine as I wanted factory panniers. Very civilised for pootling despite being ludicrously fast if you open it up. No idea what happens if you turn the throttle more than a quarter turn! It's a triumph sprint 1050

oldroadman

Veteran
It was nice being able to buy British on merit, rather than nostalgia. Wanted a smaller bike really, but forced into a bigger machine as I wanted factory panniers. Very civilised for pootling despite being ludicrously fast if you open it up. No idea what happens if you turn the throttle more than a quarter turn! It's a triumph sprint 1050

It tends to go quite quickly.

Mines a Suzuki Bandit GT. Reasonably quick and much faster than most cars. Having said that, my Scott CR1 road bicycle was faster than a lot of cars today. Traffic was :banghead: in one part. Wasnt even rush hour either.
With or without an engine, :bicycle:s are simply better.

Top Bottom