The wild birds need your help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 yes ours are big fans of suet blocks. We get ours from Wilco. Most of the tits and the robin can get at it. We also have an agile blackbird that manages to reach. The LT tits are especially keen and we have had 12 or more on it. Once we came back to find a hole in the middle where the GS woodpecker had been! We also give them sunflower hearts and crushed peanuts. We try and avoid much ground food beyond what falls because of the rats.

Yes.... I have found that. But as per my question......they don't seem to like the pellets.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Yes.... I have found that. But as per my question......they don't seem to like the pellets.
Do you mean kibbles? Only the blackbird, magpies and robin goes for them if they are on the floor. We are very sparing with them because of rats.

OP
OP
notmyrealnamebutclose

notmyrealnamebutclose

Yes.... I have found that. But as per my question......they don't seem to like the pellets
I've never bought suet pellets myself but they may just be a poor quality product that the birds are rejecting,
maybe try a different brand?

Lard and flour heated gently in a saucepan for 5 mins is a basic suet, very easy to make, then if you want just add in some
mixed wild bird seeds and mold them in to a ball shape to go in the feeder, super easy :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I put some seed on 'Bird Ladys' grave today and as soon as I put it down those two well fed wood pigeons appeared.

-9PvFc&tn=ZvjVuoX8FvnTFXCo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=W7IvnwSI0KAAX9A9sYY&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=DgtIPH2hUr0AX_Cz03j&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=TVivb7zcynMAX8_IAF6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom