The wild birds need your help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
but I'd still query the choice of colours!
Yes, black and brown are classed as clash colours, but then we had the black 'n' tans so....... :whistle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Managed to get down the garden to sort the bird food out.
Unfortunately the fat balls have gone moldy** so have to go in the bin. **its a while since my legs would get me there.
Filled the seed holder up.
Over the next few days I plan to get fresh peanuts and fat balls.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
More seed put down today, to keep the poor things alive in this freezing weather! What do you mean It's really just another pic' to show off my shoes and pants! 🧐

8YMvQp&tn=ZvjVuoX8FvnTFXCo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=EtqH8i4-isMAX-Wi0A6&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oh dear, after being scolded on CC the other week for feeding birds bread, even though it was wholemeal seeded, not white bread, I saw this on the Bird Lady's grave yesterday (the bird seen is just put down mine, by the way)!!:ohmy: Yes, more white bread and dry as a bone, not even run under the tap to make it moist, therefore making it easier for the birds to swallow. :headshake:

nc_ohc=BNClLe0SguwAX9STZHM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=TnCqhoOao2EAX_aGye3&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Red17

Veteran
Rats should clear it up.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I had a walk around the local nature reserve yesterday and found the feeders at the first 2 hides empty.
Fortunately there are metal dustbins full of seed in the hides so I was able refill them.
The Tits were soon flocking to the feeders again along with Ringnecks and the Reed Buntings at the next hide enjoyed some Millet.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The photo's a bit blurred, but I bought a bag of Tesco bird seed today. I was going to buy a 12.5 kilo bag of Aldi bird seed, but I didn't have a pound coin for a trolley I'd need to get the bag in the store to pay for it, then to take it to my car. The Tesco seed was £4.50 for 4 kilos, while the Aldi one was about £12.25 for 12.5 kilos, so I wouldn't have saved much If I'd bought the big Aldi bag.

nc_ohc=4bhsgC3i2DsAX_9kNEb&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=znQcDhQJXWQAX9orFDF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do 'your' birds like suet pellets?
Apparently mine don't. I put them in a seed feeder with no success so I mixed them with seed....... the seed went but the suet didn't.
We don't have a bird table.
We back onto a stream so get rats, so I won't put them on the ground.

geocycle

Legendary Member
@Dave7 yes ours are big fans of suet blocks. We get ours from Wilco. Most of the tits and the robin can get at it. We also have an agile blackbird that manages to reach. The LT tits are especially keen and we have had 12 or more on it. Once we came back to find a hole in the middle where the GS woodpecker had been! We also give them sunflower hearts and crushed peanuts. We try and avoid much ground food beyond what falls because of the rats.

Top Bottom