The wild birds need your help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did you know they're related to mynah birds, they're pretty incredible in their own way

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30uQJcJNU3g

They were popular in the 1960's/70's. Very good talkers if I remember rightly.🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
notmyrealnamebutclose

notmyrealnamebutclose

Yes, I chucked loads of bird seed on the bird lady's grave today.:okay:
giphy.gif

OP
OP
notmyrealnamebutclose

notmyrealnamebutclose

Made some more suet balls these were a lot better, so easy to make. Pack lard gently heated in a
pan just until it melts then stir in about a jug full of flour, i used plain cos that's all we had in. Stir
till it thickens up and looks a biscuity colour, usually in a few minutes, then leave to cool then press
the mixed bird seeds in. Voila done. You can add some peanut butter (not salted) in with it if you like :hungry:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Made some more suet balls these were a lot better so easy to make pack lard gently heated in a
pan then stir in about a jug full of flour, i used plain cos that's all we had in, stir till it thickens up
and looks a biscuity colour, usually in a few minutes, then leave to cool then press the mixed bird
seeds in, voila done. You can add some peanut butter (not salted) in with it if you like :hungry:

I think if I made something like that it'd be a waste of time as I think the intended for the birds food would be eaten by dogs or rats. Maybe I could make some and place them on a very old, tend to be at least 6ft high grave, out of the reach of dogs and rats. Yes, rats can climb, but if the grave is made from marble not rough stone surely they wouldn't be able to grip the shiny marble to climb up to the food.🤔

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Garden birds must be hungry this morning with 3 minutes of putting sead down and being back in doors we have 7 pigeons, 2 magpies and 1 blackbird down feeding

Dave7

Legendary Member
I keep all bird food in a shed at the bottom of the garden. Sadly, with my legs being bad I haven't been able to get there lately.
I got a new "seed feeder" and filled it with a mix of seed and suet pellets........the seed went but not the suet. Not sure if the pellets are too big for the feeder holes or the birds just don't like them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In winter I keep a bag of bird seed in the boot of my car. I chuck a handful here and there when out. You can buy works out cheaper, 10 kilo bags of the stuff, but one that size would take up half the boot,:laugh: so I keep it small and just buy another when it runs out.

Top Bottom