The Wind thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Its also true lol Was a night ride too so deathly quiet for the most part and every so often 'parp', 'parp', 'parp'......:whistle:

I've seen a race in a Velodrome that was kinda similar, although who Keirin was, I don't know! :giggle:

GrasB

Veteran
How can it be that when you are riding into a head wind, the type of headwind that foliage, leaves, trees, bushes, grasses, wild flowers seem resolutely resistant/immune to being bent over by the wind. In fact they are so resistant they defy to even sway 1mm in the sodding breeze. You stop and scan the nearby landscape, not so much as a wobble or wibble from the adjacent vegetation, totally motionless against a non existent wind. Yet as soon as you start pedalling the sodding wind is in your face and chilling your body. Glancing around again at your surroundings not so much as a grass fluttering in the breeze. Today I experienced one of these winds a south easterly wind. Can some one please explain?
I have NO idea what you're talking about... I had nearly 360 degrees of apparent tail wind today :hyper:... yes I'm being 100% serious! The thing is the exact same effect can also produce a near 360 degree apparent head wind. The problem is the latter is the default aerodynamic status-quo.

Top Bottom