The winter build is a go.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Just picked up my old (28 years) TT bike from my painter. This is the third paint job that's he's done on this bike and I love his work. This is the sixth total paint job on this bike and most likely the last. So I just wanted to put the frame together to get a better look at the entire paint job. Now it's on to the build stage and I have a little bit of a twist planned for it. :bicycle:
Insane "Pearl Bomb" Paint Job / Hot Tubes / Cycling Past Sixty - YouTube

Last edited:
Just picked up my old (28 years) TT bike from my painters. This is the third paint job that's he's done on this bike and I love his work. This is the sixth total paint job on this bike and most likely the last. So I just wanted to put the frame together to get a better look at the entire paint job. Now it's on to the build stage and I have a little bit of a twist planned for it. :bicycle:
Insane "Pearl Bomb" Paint Job / Hot Tubes / Cycling Past Sixty - YouTube
Cool :okay:

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Is that a Soft Ride ?
Stunning paint job.

It's a Zipp2001. If you've ever seen the first generation Soft Ride it used the Zipp2001 main frame but a different beam. The partnership only lasted for a year or two and Zipp went with there beam design and Soft Ride stuck with there beam design and changed there main frame design. I am loving the paint job.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Aha. I did not know that. Can't believe it can be that old ! Love to see the progress.

It originally came with a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. It was a daily ride for me for a tad over 10 years and has over 111,000 mile on her. Once I get all the parts in and finish the build I'll post. It's going to be very different than what you see most bike set-up as.

Top Bottom