The Wonder of Sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This evening, in warm sunshine, I made my way home through London. No wind in my face and a head full of uncomfortable thoughts from today's 'chat' in the Café.
It really was a pleasure to ride - didn't matter that careless people stepped out or cars were on a 'mission to cut in' - and I hope that others may soon be able to 'feel good' about daily life...particularly those with more important things on their minds...

It's sunny (but not that warm) here, though my ride home did at least have a 15mph wind behind me, pushing me up the hills - bliss!

Plax

Guru
I didn't commute in this morning as it was really gusty and started to sleet. Gorgeous weather this evening, or so I thought. Decided to go on a little bike ride. It was 'orrible. Wind against me most of the way, and it had quite a chill to it. Took me just over 55 mins to do a little more than 10 miles. Pathetic.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Had some beautiful commutes this week myself - especially the early morning ones, which have been just cold enough to be comfortable...

It really is a pleasure to be on the bike at the moment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
did three 26 mile round trip commutes this week. Orpington to Greenwich. Lovely crisp sunny mornings. A complete joy. Though had a bugger of a headwind riding home tonight.

domtyler

Über Member
I had a ferocious head wind to contend with this evening and could barely talk when I got home.

historyman

We buy all these fancy accessories and none of them can abolish wind. Maybe I should hire some servants to blow it out of the way with bellows as I approach. The weather can be as bad as it likes as long as the wind doesn't blow.

Maz

Guru
It was gloriously sunny on the way back, but there was a deceptively strong headwind to contend with. So frustrating making such slow progress.

MERV

Yes twas windy on the way back yesterday but expected it after finding the ride in a bit too easy.I got to the bottom of Southwark Bridge at half seven am which was earler then expected.

historyman said:
We buy all these fancy accessories and none of them can abolish wind. Maybe I should hire some servants to blow it out of the way with bellows as I approach. The weather can be as bad as it likes as long as the wind doesn't blow.

And when we go out in bulky jackets etc, the wind resistance just gets worse! :ohmy:

MERV

That's why I don't wear bulky jackets.
2dsqtrp.gif

Top Bottom