The World’s Most Expensive Bicycles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
See that post went over some people's head, most people in the UK think you are stupid for owning a bike let alone riding one, that is any bike not just an expensive one.

So what is the cut off point, well in my opinion it is what you are happy to spend. Having a reasonable whatever that is disposable income does not always make you stupid, however not having one can mean lots of things, likewise not always that you are thick.

Veganpower

See that post went over some people's head, most people in the UK think you are stupid for owning a bike let alone riding one, that is any bike not just an expensive one.

So what is the cut off point, well in my opinion it is what you are happy to spend. Having a reasonable whatever that is disposable income does not always make you stupid, however not having one can mean lots of things, likewise not always that you are thick.
I missed the sarcasm in your original post. Perhaps an exclamation mark or smile icon would aid you, as it's so easy to take written words the wrong way. Now I understand your point I'm inclined to agree with you.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

I need you to come round to dinner and convince swmbo :wub:

I would happily be even more stupid than I am to be comfortable spending £15000 on a bike.

Disposable income, some have more than others. Let us face it if you spend more than £350 on a bike then you must be super thick.
Ah, now I was not implying that anyone is stupid to spent a huge amount of money on a bike, just one that is endorsed by the pillocks Armstrong and Hirst;)

Cyclopathic

Veteran
One of the very appealing things about bikes is that it is within the means of a lot of people to be able to ride an utterly top of the range bike in the style of their choosing. Roughly speaking the most expensive bikes one can get on the high street and a lot of bikes one can get custom made will still only cost about as much as most of the very cheapest brand new cars. By contrast there are relatively few people who can afford to go out and buy top of the range, bespoke cars. As such bikes represent an opportunity for us less wealthy folk to experience top quality design and manufacture if we want to.

While it may be folly for some one to spend a few grand on a bike if they are not a professional or very serious amateur, in the grand scheme of things it isn't really all that extravagant and if it makes them happy then good for them.

jayonabike