The Yike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

That's all very nice and good on perfectly flat marble flooring, as in the picture... but what happens at the first pothole? The first curb? The first ... anything really?

Not really striking me as all that appealing.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
The first comment is brilliant !:

Speaking from the European target market, nice to see some innovation but there isn't a hope in hell i'd ride something like that, you'd look like a right old bellend!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I can actually see the market for this.

In town about 7 years ago there was a craze for the kiddies fold up scooter's to get people from the station to their offices.

I saw proper city types in suits , scooting along" the city streets.

These things are probably not designed to be ridden "seriously" but rather used as a slightly faster transport than walking.

I can see them catching on in London with hordes of commuters unfloding their penny farthings...sorry..their yikes and rolling along the flat bit to their office.

watch this space

Arch

Married to Night Train
I saw this in the news yesterday, the inventor was banging on about being able to take it into the office, and put it under a desk..

er... Brompton?

Still, with electric, I suppose, it's ideal for the idle.

I'll just cancel my Segueway order then!

dondare

Über Member
Kaipaith said:
That's all very nice and good on perfectly flat marble flooring, as in the picture... but what happens at the first pothole? The first curb? The first ... anything really?

Yikes!

manalog

Über Member
Can't imagine anyone riding a Yike, it looks similar to a Sinclair C5 anyone remember those. Guess what happened to them?

Top Bottom