Their Mortal Remains-Pink Floyd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Finally got to the exhibit. Impressive, lots to see although pretty crowded. The first section was the worst for people jams!. Still, had a great time and splurged in the gift shop afterwards. If you can’t get to the exhibit, I would recommend the book ‘Their Mortal Remains’ which is a great coffee table book for any Floyd fan.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 60

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
If you fancy owning a bit of Storm Thorgerson's work, you can buy some Pink Floyd album cover art here ...

https://www.hypergallery.com/shop/f...horgerson?curpage=designer&dir=asc&order=name

The business is in the same building as my office and is run by my boss.
I was lucky enough to meet Storm a few years ago.

You might have to sell a few bikes to afford the prints, but they are spectacular.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

If you fancy owning a bit of Storm Thorgerson's work, you can buy some Pink Floyd album cover art here ...

https://www.hypergallery.com/shop/f...horgerson?curpage=designer&dir=asc&order=name

The business is in the same building as my office and is run by my boss.
I was lucky enough to meet Storm a few years ago.

You might have to sell a few bikes to afford the prints, but they are spectacular.

The V&A shop has some of his prints signed before he died in 2013. IF I had the cash...ooohhhh^_^

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

There were large backlit prints of his art on show: The Ummagumma cover was in a recess with two mirrors so you got the infinite-reflection effect, similar to the album cover that features the picture-in-picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 71

TVC

I'm off to see it in three weeks, a friend has already been and thoroughly recommended it.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

I'm off to see it in three weeks, a friend has already been and thoroughly recommended it.
You join the relevant line outside - they have the times on a card. Then it's pop the cans on and the entrance is via a giant version of the band's old B&W van. The first part of the exhibit can get quite crowded and I was shuffling about, often felt like standing in line. Difficult to get photos but it opens out when you get to The Wall era. And you'll like the final room - a blast of Comfortably Numb in quad sound. Sit in the middle of the room for the best effect.

The gift shop is full of the usual Floyd stuff available elsewhere, but I went for the book Their Mortal Remains in hardback with the 3D lenticular cover (available seperately if you want to frame it) and a copy of Mind Over Matter which I've wanted for ages. If you don't want to splurge, at least get a copy of the poster as a memento^_^.

Attachments

• floyd.jpg
    floyd.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

You join the relevant line outside - they have the times on a card. Then it's pop the cans on and the entrance is via a giant version of the band's old B&W van. The first part of the exhibit can get quite crowded and I was shuffling about, often felt like standing in line. Difficult to get photos but it opens out when you get to The Wall era. Sound wise, very good but you need to stand clsoe to the embedded video screens to hear what they're saying. The videos loop around in 3 minutes. And you'll like the final room - a blast of Comfortably Numb in quad sound. Sit in the middle of the room for the best effect.

The gift shop is full of the usual Floyd stuff available elsewhere, but I went for the book Their Mortal Remains in hardback with the 3D lenticular cover (available seperately if you want to frame it) and a copy of Mind Over Matter which I've wanted for ages. If you don't want to splurge, at least get a copy of the poster as a memento^_^.

Attachments

• floyd.jpg
    floyd.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: TVC

MikeG

Guru
Huge fan of PF here.......but I can't really see anything in the exhibition to drag me down to London. I was never interested in the art, and I've got all the music. I'll bet there were a few grey hairs in the queues!!

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Huge fan of PF here.......but I can't really see anything in the exhibition to drag me down to London. I was never interested in the art, and I've got all the music. I'll bet there were a few grey hairs in the queues!!

The V&A are considering touring it. I would recommend you get to see it if it comes to within a reasonable distance of you.

I grew up listening to Pink Floyd and my problem is that my childhood is in a museum!

I would like to think that I am not that old

Top Bottom