There are a lot of good guy's out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My other half and her mate went for a ride this morning, got through Cuffley and they had a problem with the chain coming of, while they were messing with it a couple of guy's on single speeds stopped to help, ended up adjusting the front derailer and made sure it did not happen again, don't know if they are on here, but i would like to say thanks.:cheers:

speccy1

I agree there are a lot of good helpful people out there, as I found yesterday when I skidded and fell on ice, another guy riding in the opposite direction stopped, helped me back up onto my feet, helped me clean up the blood that was escaping, he let me use his phone to call work, and then walked with me the mile or so back home to make sure I was ok as I was in too much pain to continue riding. I really do hope I see him again as I would like to say thanks with a clear head instead of a shaken up/panic stricken one!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
On a cold day in November, I was at the side of an uphill rural road adjusting my Ergon grips. A pick up truck from an adjacent house pulls out to join the road. The driver winds the window down and says: 'you look like you're struggling there. Why don't you chuck it in the back and let me take you home'.

Considering that I'm 6ft 2in and was wearing a balaclava, I thought that this was a very warm-hearted gesture.

I declined.

Top Bottom