There are Lies, damned lies....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

and there are statistics :wacko:

A statistically modelled wedding
_72690323_72690322.jpg

It's the classic dilemma for anyone planning a wedding. The list of friends and family you'd like to invite is seemingly endless. Your budget is not, and neither is the venue's floor space. Could one couple have found a solution via statistical modelling?
FULL STORY

What a waste of time :rolleyes: ....I favour the Tombola method.. :thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

You clearly don't listen to Radio 4 do you Linfy? ;)

asterix

Comrade Member

Should we be expecting an announcement?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
they were also surprised by how few of their overseas guests could make it.

From Serbia, Taiwan, the UK and US? Muppets. I know people's weddings are the centre of their lives, but nevertheless it always amazes me that people imagine that everyone they know will be able or willing to cross continents for a bit of ceremony and a bit of a knees-up, even an important ceremony for people of whom they are fond. I've had recent wedding invitations to Vietnam and Washington. It's nice to be thought of, but it's odd how surprised people seem by having such invitations turned down.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2906908 said:
Are you sure that they are surprised to be turned down? I always thought that the invites were sent in the expectation of being turned down.
It's possible that they just act surprised to be polite, of course, but the OP would indicate that this isn't necessarily the case...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
2906926 said:
Hard to say really, because it is all a bit of a non story. ...

it's a transcription from Radio 4's More Or Less programme... it's about statistics, working them out and interpreting the results, and not about getting in a tiff over wedding invites.

Top Bottom