There's a new Decathlon store Rushden Lakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decathlon stuff is superb. The quality of the staff can be a bit variable though.

+1 for Decathlon stuff being really good. I'm a big fan of their fleeces as well as their cycling stuff.

However, their sizing can be a bit odd, so I'd really recommend trying things on before buying as opposed to taking something off the rail and assuming that it will fit.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
+1 for Decathlon stuff being really good. I'm a big fan of their fleeces as well as their cycling stuff.

However, their sizing can be a bit odd, so I'd really recommend trying things on before buying as opposed to taking something off the rail and assuming that it will fit.

The bikes are excellent quality, no need to get a halfords cheapy heapy..
I was looking for a intermediate light fleece type top for the cool getting warmer rides, but they were short on those in my size.

I could have tried AJ cycles but last ime i poped in i spent 2.7 k :laugh: so though no dont go there..

Yeah, the middling sizes do tend to go quickly - you're either left with stick insect or circus tent sizes... However, you can order online and collect in store the next day which is kinda handy.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Cue for the usual whinge about no Decathlon west of Oxford. Nothing for the whole of Wales and SW England, yet more stores opening serving the midlands and south east

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yeah, the middling sizes do tend to go quickly - you're either left with stick insect or circus tent sizes... However, you can order online and collect in store the next day which is kinda handy.

Its 30 mins away so ill remember that, Rushden Lakes is a good place for a day out, walks shopping and plenty of food choices, a multiplex any time soon too.. Free parking

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cue for the usual whinge about no Decathlon west of Oxford. Nothing for the whole of Wales and SW England, yet more stores opening serving the midlands and south east

There's one in Gateshead which I reckon is (just) west of Oxford.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru

Id never heard of decathlon until i joined this site.
Yes I'm midlands but they seem to be migrating north as i type...

Ive bough a lot from planet x and CRC so distance these days is no problem for a buyer..
Everything is possible..

Self and one of my gang on decathlon products as I dragged them over their first 5O miler today
We have a decathlon FB page too.
I'm not an employee
IMG_20190316_141521826.jpg
, just a customer !

Tenkaykev

Guru
We've got a Decathlon in Poole which is * sometimes * in the SW of England. ( depending which weather forecast I'm watching )
If you order online they will deliver to your local Asda store.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
We've got a Decathlon in Poole which is * sometimes * in the SW of England. ( depending which weather forecast I'm watching )
If you order online they will deliver to your local Asda store.
I know where Poole is - I'd call it 'South Coast'- not terribly handy if you live in the West Wilts, Gloucestershire, S Glos, Devon, Cornwall area, not to mention Cardiff, Newport, the whole of South Wales and Pretty much all of Mid and North Wales, of course. Have you looked at their map of stores??
I also know that you can order online. BUT their website is awful. You just can't browse their vast range online, or try on items - and of course there is the question of delivery charges. There was talk of their opening a branch in Bristol but that seems to have stalled for some reason. For now I'll just have to content myself to calling in to a store on trips up north and east (only to be disappointed to find the item/size I want is out of stock ……. )
oh, and I don't have a local ASDA store

Top Bottom