There's always one that spoils it for the rest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd hoped this wouldn't come up.

I'll say this once. Nick Koupparis is an aquaintance - he works for my better half.

I'm sure that Cycle Chat is not going to host the wild and deeply unpleasant speculation that is running around the gutter press, but, if you're tempted, don't. And bear in mind that right now his kids are in two different hospitals, he's with one, his wife is with another, his street is full of reporters camping out and people he knows only slightly are being questioned about him, and that every single broadcasting organisation in the country, from cockroach channels up to and including the BBC, are trying to get somebody to tie up the TV rights.

Susie has got the company PR bods in to advise everybody to say nothing because it is only a matter of days before somebody starts a rumour that every other slimebag paper can then 'report'.

It's coming to something when John Snow picks up the phone to his place of work to try and blag an interview............

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Amen.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ranger said:
I'm not convinced we have heard the full facts of this yet, it is just a way too weird thing for a fox to do

I remember the Wildlife Cameraman Simon King telling a story of a when he was filming big cats in Africa, and a cheetah started attacking people.

Apparently Cheetahs just do not harm people, so they tracked the particular one down and found that it had rabies, hence why it was acting so strangely.

Could this fox possibly have had some sort of health issue like that??

I guess we'll never know now

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We've always had lots of foxes around here in the city ... its common place to see them... they keep me awake at night at certain times of the year. I've seen them on about 4 occasions this week, one time there were 4 of them having some kind of squabble. They have always seemed very shy of humans though and disappear quickly when they realise you are there. Makes me wonder if the fox in this case was unwell.

ChrisKH

Guru
TheDoctor said:
I'd actually like it if a fox took up residence in the garden. Might keep the local feral cats out.

I've got at least one fox family living in my garden. All they do is sh*t and sh*g and make a racket when they do. They also mark anything that has human scent on it. I haven't seen any reduction in the cat population yet.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
ChrisKH said:
I've got at least one fox family living in my garden. All they do is sh*t and sh*g and make a racket when they do. They also mark anything that has human scent on it. I haven't seen any reduction in the cat population yet.

Foxes in general will stay away from any cat, feral or otherwise. They are not inclined to fight, as any cat can put up a mighty good show when needed.

wafflycat

Speicher said:
Mr Fox sometimes wanders into my back garden, and is scared off by one or other of my cats. I agree it is very strange that the fox went into the house, and upstairs.

Nb - I changed my avatar several weeks ago.

It's not strange at all - I know of someone who, when living in London, were sitting in their living room of a warm evening, with the door to the garden open and in it walked, as bold as brass - and not in a friendly manner - Mr Fox. Child asleep upstairs in bed. Mr Fox was not exactly best pleased when the humans attempted to get him out of the house without harming him. The fox was a repeat visitor - to the point where they couldn't enjoy having a door open to let a cooling breeze through the house of an evening.

Urban foxes are not cute dog substitutes, they are wild creatures and will act as such - and as the opportunists they are. It's what makes them a successful species.

Our local fox is winding my dad up. He craps on his front lawn every single night.

Does that help to keep the fox away? ;)

Ranger said:
I'm not convinced we have heard the full facts of this yet, it is just a way too weird thing for a fox to do
I'm suspicious there too.

There's lots of city Foxes in Granton. Neds and boyracers apart its a pretty quiet area and they appear after dark. In every interview I've seen there I can hear a busy noisy road in the background and surely at this time of year it'd be light at 10 pm in London ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Foxes are around in the daylight too ... just more likely to be sitting quietly sunning themselves so less likely to be seen.

montage

God Almighty
buggi said:
Foxes. Poor sods will be hunted down and killed now.

Don't get me wrong, feel sad for the kids, but they've trapped one and killed it in her garden and who's to say it was the right one??

i don't see them taking action against pit bulls so readily, but i can just see where this is going to go now. ;)

Why do humans always insist that it's the wildlife that is invading our territory, and not vice versa??

I like it when the pill bull screws the human over. serves the human right

Top Bottom