There's fast ... and then there's fast ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
I often give myself a pat on the back if I average over 20 mph on the way home, and if I manage to sprint the last couple of miles, then I arrive in a sweaty, panting heap!

I've just been watching the tour of britain over lunch - the riders passed a sign saying "15Km to go" (so just under 10 miles), and the commentator said, "they're just coming up to the sprint finish". With 10 miles to go? Sprinting for 10 (count 'em one, two, three, etc) miles?!!

you've got to be yanking my chain, having a slight guffaw at my expense! :blink:

It was you ya git :angry:

I was on mile 21 of my 23 mile ride yesterday and for once (literally for the first time) feeling pretty good. Slightly uphill and travelling at about 16 - 17mph, faster than I'd ever done that hill before, I thought I was the dogs b.......(umm)......iscuit :becool:. Then, no sorry, THEN this dart shaped human, XmisterIS I think, on a rocket shaped bicycle zoomed soundlessly passed me at what must have been 30mph or perhaps even double that :blink: He then disappeared over the top of the hill in about 0.31 seconds and when I got there 40seconds later he was gone and probably in the next county.

I let you win and will humiliate you next time you dare to try such a stunt.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I often give myself a pat on the back if I average over 20 mph on the way home, and if I manage to sprint the last couple of miles, then I arrive in a sweaty, panting heap!
blink.gif

I'll also pat you on the back. I commute 10 miles each way and my absolute fastest moving average sometimes approaches 18.5mph. this equates to a moving journey time of between 32-33 minutes and although it isn't a flat route it isn't too lumpy. Now I have a new road bike I feel a 30 minute time might be possible which will be a 20 mph average but then again I might be dreaming!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Whats the top speed you've had?
I went out on the new bike this weekend and found a long, but slightly twisty country lane from Foolow to Bradwell in the Peak District. At the time I figured I'm not used to it and theres definitely more speed potential. I was happy when I downloaded the ride later and found a top speed of 44.2mph

I've just been watching the tour of britain over lunch - the riders passed a sign saying "15Km to go" (so just under 10 miles), and the commentator said, "they're just coming up to the sprint finish". With 10 miles to go? Sprinting for 10 (count 'em one, two, three, etc) miles?!!

you've got to be yanking my chain, having a slight guffaw at my expense!
blink.gif

They did say "...coming up to the sprint...", thus not sprinting for 15km. :tongue:

Jezston

Über Member
I've thought about that, but can you really trust them?

I've got a few guys on my commute who i'm very friendly with and trust their riding.

Just get Origamist up front and the rest of south London can rest their feet on their handlebars.

Top Bottom