there's no-one here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
zimzum42 said:
ooooh, my chaintugs are NJS, do I win a trip to Japan?
Nah, just a big badge with 'Coffee shop poseur' on it...*

* - available from Rapha, only £68 per badge. :blush::rolleyes::biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think I know what you mean. Fortunately I never stop at that pub in Clerkenwell, so don't need to pose.

Nor do I have a 20 inch front wheel or stupid handlebars!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
No dreadlocks.....

In fact, I'm basically a roadie with a fixie, minus the lycra, I just wear shorts and a vest.

Can't even afford to look at the Rapha website......

(Well, I can afford it, but i'm not that mad)

gkerr4

Chuffy;34575][quote name= said:
ooooh, my chaintugs are NJS, do I win a trip to Japan?
Nah, just a big badge with 'Coffee shop poseur' on it...*

* - available from Rapha, only £68 per badge. :ohmy:;):ohmy:[/quote]

Can I get a couple of those?

go well with the new Langster I have just ordered this morning - should arrive on friday so I could do with the badges for the weekend if possible!

ordered an 07 model in the 'like-it-or-loathe-it" 'rust' colour - my first foray into the world of fixed gear bikes

OP
OP
P

peejay78

er...

langsters are not really suitable for posing on, sorry to disappoint. for that you need something that looks good, preferably not the colour of a freshly shat log.

you could always get the badge anyway and leave the bike at home.

are you going to ride it fixed? (do it)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Peej,

Look at the pics of my bike (The blue/green fixie), is it poser material?

gkerr4

peejay78 said:
er...

langsters are not really suitable for posing on, sorry to disappoint. for that you need something that looks good, preferably not the colour of a freshly shat log.

you could always get the badge anyway and leave the bike at home.

are you going to ride it fixed? (do it)

yes - I intend to ride it fixed and no I don't intend to use it for posing.

OP
OP
P

peejay78

good job.

happy riding. we'll have you doing the one-handed trackstand pose before you can say "ileftmyfixedwheeloutsidebaritalia"

Christopher

Über Member
Nice one gkerr. I suggest a gentle test ride out to Bonds ice-cream stand at Elswick. Have a Red Rose Ripple (vanilla with cheery and balsamic vinegar).
And don't stop pedalling, boy!

gkerr4

Hi Frustruck - you know the area?

I cycled out that way on Sunday - out round elswick, inskip, treales, down to kirkham, wrea green, lytham and round the coast - was a really nice 40miles.

Not sure about using the fixed for long rides like that, but I guess I will see how I get on..

OP
OP
P

peejay78

i regularly take the fixed out for 30 milers - but it can ache. i think it's all the sitting down.

Brixtonfixed

To answer Peejay's OP, it took some of us a while to get here. Still riding my lovely Pearson Touche, still trying hard not to get distracted by comely passers-by whilst attempting the one-handed trackstand in heavy traffic. (Phwooar. Ouch.)

Long rides -- my longest fixed outing is 100 quite hilly kilometres. Not bad really, although the sitting down does get to you a bit. Perhaps this is one of the reasons some fixies go for Brooks.

IMO the 'spinning out the lactic' effect of fixed counts for a lot on long rides, though. I plan to use the fixed throughout the winter for Sunday rides at this kind of distance. Easier to clean than a geared bike..

Top Bottom