These flashing LED cycle lights are sending out the wrong message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Freddyflintstone

Freddyflintstone

Filament bulbs hey :wacko:
Oh yes! My spotlight is a million candle power (front from an old chargeable hand torch) :whistle:
It certainly lights up the canal paths

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
On a derestricted unlit country road I don't care if they think I am a bike or a car as long as I am seen when a vehicle is approaching from behind at high speed so I use two half watt flashing lights on the rear. On the front I use a MJ808 on constant to see with. I cross fairly often with a guy who looks like he should be in the film Tron with flashing vest and loads of lights on constant and flash all over the place. I am not convinced you need quite as many lights as him but I do have flashing LED reflective armbands to add side visibility as well.

subaqua

What’s the point
solid and flashing LED front and rear and a random flasher on my hiviz rucksack cover. yellow reflectives on arms and ankles front and rear reflectors and pedal reflectors on the SPDs . still get idiots trying to make me move ionto the doorzone.

Dan_h

solid and flashing LED front and rear and a random flasher on my hiviz rucksack cover. yellow reflectives on arms and ankles front and rear reflectors and pedal reflectors on the SPDs . still get idiots trying to make me move ionto the doorzone.

just because they can see you it does not mean they are going to be any more patient!

MickL

Über Member
I have ultra bright front light that remains on fixed at night and in low light I switch it to flashing, On the back of my bike I have my old faithful rear light Ive had for over 10yrs, its bright good on batteries and has nice strobe like flash on it and all so use proviz rucksack which has large triangle EL on the back plus it reflective bits all over it. Since Ive started using the rucksack Ive notice a lot more people holding back and being given lots of room while over taking. I think a bluish white flashing triangle makes them think WTF is that !!!

Top Bottom