These iPod (or similar) thingies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Jaded said:
King 'Ell!

You are married to Posh Spice?

Tits covered by the iPod and the legs hidden by the lanyard? :smile:

I may need to remind her to wear something else. :blush:

Melvil said:
I agree with MP - I've got a W810i and very happy with it - the sound is better than my creative Zen and the battery lasts longer - even better get a cheap 4gb memory stick pro to put into it off Dabs or Amazon for £30 or so and you've got the equivalent of a nano which is also a phone, a java games device, torch, camera, video camera etc...

I have the same - it is the best mobile I've every had, and kicks the ass of lots of others going. It also has better sound quality than my iPod, the battery lasts ages, the earphones are comfy and sound damping so that you don't have to listen to it at insane volumes to cut out background noise. It also has a torch, which is a lot more handy that you might first think. Also the ability to play java games, or read through current news whilst having some man-time on the bog is v handy.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i think you've done the right thing noodley, most women won't give a tinker's cuss about all the features the ipod lacks. it's a cool item, with brand caché and of sartorial elegance. something packed with features that looks like a house brick is for blokes only.

err, ahem.
1GB shuffle is OK if you just want to download a selection of tunes onto it for a gym workout or long trip somewhere. They hold about 20 albums. The other thing you have to do when you're downloading is choose whether you listen to the tunes in shuffle or by album. Once you've downloaded them you can't change it.
If you envisage more extensive use of your device, eg watching movies, playing it through your car stereo, having all your tunes with you at all times then have a classic. I just bought my husband the 160GB classic (in black) and he's chuffed to bits with it. I want one now but I've only got a shuffle...

Arch

Married to Night Train
I should warn you that all the knitting magazines seem to have patterns for knitted iPod covers/bags this year....:smile:

U

User482

Mrs User482 has the 4gb Nano. It really is a lovely piece of design, and a joy to use. Plus the proper adapators to interface with your car stereo etc are more readily available for Ipods than other brands.

SamNichols

I have an easy solution: I arrange it in alphabetical order, so I always know which order the albums are in - if I get sick of an album, then I just skip through the songs alphabetically, or if it's a long way passed then I put into shuffle mode, skip to somewhere further up and sort it out that way. Easy peasey.

The 160gig one? Holy crap - I own a lot of music, but can't think that I have 160gig of it on cd, not even got space on my hard drive. I'm getting increasingly of the opinion that I'd like one of the new touch ones. I had a play with one recently, and they're good.

SamNichols said:
I have an easy solution: I arrange it in alphabetical order, so I always know which order the albums are in - if I get sick of an album, then I just skip through the songs alphabetically, or if it's a long way passed then I put into shuffle mode, skip to somewhere further up and sort it out that way. Easy peasey.

The 160gig one? Holy crap - I own a lot of music, but can't think that I have 160gig of it on cd, not even got space on my hard drive. I'm getting increasingly of the opinion that I'd like one of the new touch ones. I had a play with one recently, and they're good.

Sam you have youth on your side and so can remember things like song titles...my ability to do this waned about 5 years ago...I only recognise them by number now...

My other half is a sound engineer and so currently owns 60Gb worth of music - it's tax deductable for him, see. So, if I was to buy him the 80Gb ipod he'd fill it in no time. So, the 160 Gb one it was. There's room for some pics on that too...

SamNichols

And some videos if he ever feels the urge. I own as much vinyl as cds and can't even consider being arsed to transfer all of that (I also have a legacy of 5000+ classical vinyls which is still at my grandmother's house and no that wasn't one zero too many). So, yes, i could probably fill one, but it takes too much effort. Anyway, on twenty hours of music I can just about remember what's on at any time (I normally have a few hours of audio books on there for the night time anyway).

Jaded

Kirstie said:
1GB shuffle is OK if you just want to download a selection of tunes onto it for a gym workout or long trip somewhere. They hold about 20 albums.

Holy crap! I'm never going to the gym with you! :smile::biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
by the way, don't let apple kid you on about what you need to use the ipod with. i have a lovely new classic 80gb which works with usb 1.1 on an emac (needs 2.0 according to apple), and the nano 2gb used to work perfectly well with an old laptop (10.2.8, usb 1.1) even though the minimum spec was 10.3 and usb 2.0.

TVC

I have a classic (it was called video when I bought it) and last week I got Mrs C a 8gb Nano, it's a fantastic bit of kit, £129 but worth many brownie points. The only thing is to be prepared to spend the next six weeks uploading all your cds onto your 'puter, then going out to get one for yourself.

Top Bottom