They're really brave....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

Never had this on a bike, but have had it in a car. We were traveling past Portsdown Hill, and there were a bunch of drugged up chavs messing about in the road. They were chucking something to each other, with the recipient catching the item in their mouths. It was probably just sweets, but I dunno.

As we approached them, one of them held their hand up so that they could finish the latest round of their game. We hung back, and let them carry on. They finished, and moved to the side and we took the cue to move forward.

As we passed, I was hit by a can of Fanta through our open window. I know it was Fanta because I tasted it.

You'll notice I keep saying "we" - my partner was driving. She kept going. If I had been driving, I think I would have stopped... and I probably would have ended up in a hospital. If she was hit with the can and not me, I would have swung the car around and doored him.

I'm glad she was driving.

monnet

Guru
Had a similar incident about 18months ago. I managed to get the registration plate and called the Police.

They'd actually tried to force me off the road before tipping lucozade all over me, when I got through to the Police the first thing I was asked was 'did you provoke them?' Provoke them? FFS, in Europe the obligation is on the driver to prove their innocence. Not that I've had anything similar happen in Europe. In the end I said I wanted to press assault charges and the copper that took my statement was great (he'd done a bit of cycling himself) and the result was the scrote ended up in front of the magistrates, it was a second offence so he was told next time he'd be down for 6 months.

I can only empathise though. It's a horrible experience, I was seething when it happened to me and I still get worked up just thinking about it.

rael

first time poster here. i have only just started to get into biking and i am really enjoying it. anyway about 6 weeks ago i was going to work on nights when somthing just missed the side of my face/followed by an egg smashing on my arm. an 07 golf then passes with 4 lads all laughing and taking the p*** .
anyway about 5 mins later i passed the same lads standing outside a house on my route to work. i shouted over pointed to my jacket then pointed to his car gave them a nod and a smile.
the following sat after i finished nightshift i got away at 5 am.
all i can say is i bet it cost him a lot more to sort his car out than it did for me to sort my jacket.

J4CKO

rael said:
first time poster here. i have only just started to get into biking and i am really enjoying it. anyway about 6 weeks ago i was going to work on nights when somthing just missed the side of my face/followed by an egg smashing on my arm. an 07 golf then passes with 4 lads all laughing and taking the p*** .
anyway about 5 mins later i passed the same lads standing outside a house on my route to work. i shouted over pointed to my jacket then pointed to his car gave them a nod and a smile.
the following sat after i finished nightshift i got away at 5 am.
all i can say is i bet it cost him a lot more to sort his car out than it did for me to sort my jacket.

Excellent, trouble is, its probably his mums !

I got a battering outside a pub once, I spoke to the wrong girl, just being freidly and this big ugly get batters me for it, my cousin, with a mate as a favour reduced his motor to its component parts ;)

Same cousin, I was in my Golf GTI (Aged 18) four chavs in a mini took offence to my hard won, restored by me mint car outside a chippy, slapped us about, pushed chips and gravy in my face, hit a mate who stopped and saw what was going on, drove off, we followed and found out where they lived and Iwent back later that night, physically I couldnt beat them but the Mini was fair game.

rael

J4CKO said:
Excellent, trouble is, its probably his mums !

I got a battering outside a pub once, I spoke to the wrong girl, just being freidly and this big ugly get batters me for it, my cousin, with a mate as a favour reduced his motor to its component parts ;)

Same cousin, I was in my Golf GTI (Aged 18) four chavs in a mini took offence to my hard won, restored by me mint car outside a chippy, slapped us about, pushed chips and gravy in my face, hit a mate who stopped and saw what was going on, drove off, we followed and found out where they lived and Iwent back later that night, physically I couldnt beat them but the Mini was fair game.
Could have been his mums car,but at the same time it could have caused me a serious injury.
i tend to let most things pass now as it s not worth the grief if there s a few of them, sometimes though you have to make your point.

J4CKO

rael said:
Could have been his mums car,but at the same time it could have caused me a serious injury.
i tend to let most things pass now as it s not worth the grief if there s a few of them, sometimes though you have to make your point.

Yep, agree, perhaps if it was his mums, she deserves it anyway for bringing up such a turd !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you are on a daily commute - do not ever do anything to a car.... 'cos a few day's later.......you'll see it, they will see you - have a word by all means, or report them - don't take direct action.....

On my daily commute I've never had trouble....had a couple of incidents whilst out training....

Had some kid shout various 'gay' insults..... was going to say something, but it was full of older chav's...... road shoes, stand up fight..nah.......

Also had some fool try and knock/slap me from the rear of a car on an early morning run....... right in between two sets of lights.... I was on the best bike, with carbon road shoes, tarmac every where..... not about to pick a fight with 4 chavs when my bike is worth more than their car, and worth more to me........

You do have to let it go sometimes.....

I've heard of folk that have caught the can, then threw it back through the open window...LOL !

Top Bottom