They're really brave....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
andylaw79 said:
Would love to, but neither myself or the other bloke they hit, got a clear look at the reg plate.

Doesn't matter. If the police just have your account of the assault and the mis-firing engine and the type of music music then they might be able to link it to someone, now or later.

Funtboy

andylaw79 said:
...to throw stuff from a car! I could hear them coming, windows down, some god awful happy hardcore shoot on the stereo and a exhaust that sounded like it was back firing every 30 seconds. So I was half expecting abuse, but not the full coke can that hit me directly in the kidneys. self-gratification artists. Its a 50mph road and I couldn't get my phone out quick enough to get a snap. Caught up with a guy about a mile after and the same had happened to him. ****ing Pricks.

I've dreamt about what I'd do if this happened to me and I caught up with them. A happy marriage of Kryptonite D locks and cars windows. Not that I advocate that of course...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
HLaB said:
Not had it here but in Dublin I once had a rocket fired at me. The Dublin Neds/ Chavs seem to get more wound up around this time of the year and it last more than a month :biggrin::biggrin:

Few years ago since the last ocassion but I guessed something was not right when a boy racer passed came to a sudden halt and then sped off again. It was dark but I had guessed what was going on as I stopped when they did. Sure enough 10 seconds later and off it went. Didn't get the registration.

col

Legendary Member
This reminded me of the time a long time ago i was pillion on my brothers motorbike,we were nearly squeezed into a row of parked cars by an overtake,and my brother took off and overtook the car and pulled up in front of it forcing it to stop,no where to go with parked cars either side,and got off ,took his helmet off as he was walking towards them ranting and raving,and banged his helmet on the drivers window,it smashed but all three lads inside just sat looking straight ahead and saying nothing,i was sat on the bike and couldnt believe what i was seeing,but then he does have a short fuse.

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
HLaB said:
Did either of you get a partial reg or a rough description of the car, its likely that they could be known to police already and this would just be a nother nail in their coffin, so to speak.

No, nothing on the reg and the only thing me and the other bloke said about the car was an old small white hatchback - your average chav mobile. But as you and Dondare say it might be worth logging with the police.

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Just thought, the bloke that lives opposite me is a copper, might have a chat with him after work and get his opinion on it.

rnscotch

Veteran
I am my own worse enemy when it comes to this type of thing, i have a very very short fuse i am just lucky i am able to back it up.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Report it to the police. Full reg and driver / vehicle description is best. If not a partial reg and vehicle description will at leat help traffic look out for the car. The driver can then be issued with a Section 59 wrning about using their car in an anti-social manner. If they do it again in 12 months they can have their car seized!! ha ha ha. Done it loads and loved the look on the faces as their pride and joy was towed away.

J4CKO

Have not had this on a bike, but in a car, a half full pint pot launched from a Fiat Punto hit my widscreen in the Manchester Airport tunnels, car was in the outside lane, three lads in it, I was in a Volvo 850 T5 so I went past and forced it to stop, I get out, there were three young neds in it and I was at the height of my weight training days so large and quite big, with a load of red mist on my side, I stomp over, three of them in it, they wouldnt open the window and reversed to get from behind my car, I laid into the side with my foot and left two nice dents as it screamed off.

Another one, stopped for a paper on a Sunday, got some peanuts as was starving, car full of Neds stops as if to ask directions on the way out and said "Excuse me mate, are you..................a F*ckign Gimp" and made ready for the off whilst getiting ready (I think) to gob on me, I pre-empted his potential strike by giveing him a half chewed face full of peanuts, his face was a picure, screwed off calling me names.

I will get a pasting one day, bit I cant back down as I cant forgive myself afterwards, when I ever have done, I make sure I get even somehow, I will use any means to get it off my mind.

Other than that, I am quite nice and placid if left to bumble through life without anyone p1ssing me off.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
J4CKO said:
got some peanuts as was starving, car full of Neds stops as if to ask directions on the way out and said "Excuse me mate, are you..................a F*ckign Gimp"

You sure he didn't say Chimp? :smile:

Notsoblue

While cycling across the border to Scotland the first humans I saw in Gretna Green threw a fish supper at me from their car and then sped away. I found this quite upsetting. But then less than 20 mins later on the road to Annan *another* group of (different) chavs threw another fish supper at me from their car. Both of them missed but it really left me thinking what an awesome way of saying WELCOME TO SCOTLAND!

Top Bottom