Thick question about replacement pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnb

Veteran
I have a rusted wreck that I am getting moving again. Most of the mechanics I can fix, chain replaced, wheels stripped cleaned etc. One part that needed replacing was the pedals so replacement pedals turn up from amazon and are now in place. But ... in the package with the pedals were apparently random long nuts. Green (if that makes any difference) and looking like over long dome nuts, about 15mm long something about an M4 thread though I haven't measured.

At the same time I ordered a second pair of pedals in case I had misjudged the size and they have exactly the same mystery nuts.

So ... what are they for?

Anything to do with affixing reflectors maybe ?

OP
OP
jnb

jnb

Veteran
Image attached. Two green dome nuts, M4 threads, 15mm long. There are two nuts in with the pair of pedals so presumably someone thinks that I am going to use one of these nuts per pedal but I can see no use for them.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
As I thought. I bought a set of those for my son's bike as his green bits are brighter than my green bits and they were a better match. Some of us have to pay for the privelige of funky coloured stuff! :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As I thought. I bought a set of those for my son's bike as his green bits are brighter than my green bits and they were a better match. Some of us have to pay for the privelige of funky coloured stuff! :rolleyes:

Those look a bit dark for my flashy green bits. Mine are lime green. Need some dust caps to match my new Rock Shox stickers and bar grips. (Tart)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fashion victims. What difference does the colour of your dust caps make, FFS.....

I always use black that are free, and get rid of any that are coloured, but IF I went with a colour match - ouch...

You'll also note some people spend a fortune on annodised hubs etc. Black for me on my MTB. Original polished alloy on the road bikes.

I bought Lime green bar grips for the MTB recently to match the frame colour highlights - they have been very good at cleaning up, so happy so far.

Top Bottom