Thiefs caught!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
a person who, without having the consent of the owner or other lawful authority, takes a pedal cycle for his own or another’s use, or rides a pedal cycle knowing it to have been taken without such authority, shall on summary conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Theft Act 1968

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Amazing!!. Do they differentiate between a wide screen CRT and a Plasma TV as well?????
Alembicbassman said:
a person who, without having the consent of the owner or other lawful authority, takes a pedal cycle for his own or another’s use, or rides a pedal cycle knowing it to have been taken without such authority, shall on summary conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

Theft Act 1968

Cycles, being a subsistance form of transport, should be better protected against perpetrators of cycle theft by much more severe punishments...

...stringing them up in cheesewire underwear is too good for them.

I've had three bikes nicked in just over twelve months. Two were electronically RFID tagged. Still heard nothing back.

And the scrote that instigated the theft of one of them has skipped bail.

pooly1uk

ComedyPilot said:
Don't want to urinate in your chips, but on bail means they ARE out there. They can either be bailed back to the police station pending further enqs or charged with the offence and bailed to court.

To make your chips even soggier, the likelyhood of a custodial sentence for that crime is on a par with me being fellated by Fern Britton whilst outsprinting Tom Boonen up the Champs Elysee.

just want to add that while out on bail these low life tend to re-offend then admit to more crimes and ask for them to be taken into consideration when sentence is passed, usually ending up getting off with a lighter fine or slap on the wrist by an over sympathetic magistrate as this offence wont warrent a crown court appearance, sickening i know but it happens.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ComedyPilot said:
To make your chips even soggier, the likelyhood of a custodial sentence for that crime is on a par with me being fellated by Fern Britton whilst outsprinting Tom Boonen up the Champs Elysee.
An arresting image, Mr. Pilot, and one that will sustain me on cold winter rides.

I'm asking this because I don't know. If the thieves are found guilty, or even if they're not, what are the chances of obtaining judgement for damages via the Small Claims procedure?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You stand a better chance of winning the lottery. What are they going to pay you with? Chances are they are on benefits and thus will only have a judgement made for them to pay back pennies a week at very best.

dellzeqq said:
I'm asking this because I don't know. If the thieves are found guilty, or even if they're not, what are the chances of obtaining judgement for damages via the Small Claims procedure?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Angelfishsolo said:
You stand a better chance of winning the lottery. What are they going to pay you with? Chances are they are on benefits and thus will only have a judgement made for them to pay back pennies a week at very best.
Ah - but does the Small Claims procedure give them time to pay? And wouldn't sending the bailiffs round be an especial pleasure?...you see where I'm going with this one. Retribution, not justice.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
In all honestly the bailiffs will do nothing. My Mum has been trying for 2years + to recoup money awarded by the SCC and the bailiffs just report back that there was no answer to their knocks on the door. They have now given up.
dellzeqq said:
Ah - but does the Small Claims procedure give them time to pay? And wouldn't sending the bailiffs round be an especial pleasure?...you see where I'm going with this one. Retribution, not justice.

Top Bottom