Thigh to waist percentage...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
About as untrim as I'll get now (I find some of my winter clothes a little to tight).
waist = 29.5"
thigh = 23.5"
W2T = 79.7%

numbnuts

Legendary Member
w = 35
t = 22
w2t = 62.85

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bollo said:
w=34
t=26 which is why jeans are getting a bit tricky
w2t = 76.5%

hmmm, methinks some folks may be using trouser size rather than true waist measurment here:whistle: I believe that taking a line about 1/2 an inch below the belly button may give some different results.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
MacB said:
hmmm, methinks some folks may be using trouser size rather than true waist measurment here:whistle: I believe that taking a line about 1/2 an inch below the belly button may give some different results.

Yes. Measurement should be your true waist. Since many people nowadays wear trousers at hip level the size of your jeans is often actually larger than waist. My waist is 32" my jeans are 34".

Tried to clear this up a bit in my post.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
sarahpink said:
is it better to have a higher or lower percentage?

higher, the smaller your waist and larger your thighs then the bigger the %age. It's a bit like using the waist to height relationship to determine if you're a healthy weight rather than BMI. The theory is that it's not skewed due to athletic 'prowess' like the BMI is when it classes elite athletes as overweight or obese.

However these alternate methods do require honesty around the measuring of ones waist:evil: There is a tendency, among ageing gentlemen, to class their waist size by whatever trousers/jeans they can shoehorn under their gut:ohmy: The true measure could be as much as 10 inches more:biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
MacB said:

MM i might have a higher % then as a 32" is to loose i just guessed 31"

buddha

Veteran
27/34" = 79.4%
I'm okay on the flat - but cr@p on longer climbs:sad: (almost blew up today trying to chase down a chain gang who scalped me whilst I was blowing my nose:blush:). Could also loose 2" off the belly!

Garz

Squat Member
Hmmm, elaborating on MacB's post.. my work colleagues that cycle with me laugh in a flattering way (i guess) about my 'chris hoy' sized thighs. It seems although I thought I was genetically challenged being a stumpy mesomorph (high BMI) that some of us are maybe generously measuring oneselves.

Just remeasured my thigh and got 23", now I think we need to clear up exactly where the measurements are taken. :biggrin:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hmmm...

No tape measure here, so I'll take a punt.

Thighs: 2
Waist: just the one
TTW: 200% :ohmy:

I'm really not about to go find something to measure myself with just to satisfy this.

Am I?
I am?

So I am...

Back in a mo.

Edit: 22.5 for 33 = 68%

Hear me roar!!!
Meow.

Top Bottom