Thing you notice on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhys_Po

... and the absolute BEST thing about cycling as opposed to the tube.

You can easily outrun one of your farts.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Hunger Who knew exercise made you hungry?
Smells For me the weirdest one is the malt at the Budweiser factory in Kew.
Passengers The midges that sit on my glasses.
Manhole covers Bloody everywhere and nearly all of them broken!

Davidc

Guru
Something I notice - it's the car (etc.) drivers. Few of them are smiling, they all look tense and stressed. The proportion of people outside cars with smiles and contented expressions is much higher

and if I'm on the bike I have TIME to notice things around me which I don't if I'm in a car.

Bigtwin

the utterly abysmal criminally negligent shocking state of the tracks that pass as roads around here mean that you don't really notice anything else, till you get to East Sussex and can relax a bit. They apparently go in for a bit of mending and re-surfacing from time to time down there.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
terror

That moment of terror while U wait to find out if that wasp bounced off your helmet or went in one of the air slots:ohmy:

D

Deleted member 1258

How loud bird song can be.

Sat at the lights at the Gibbet Hill cross roads early one Sunday morning listening to the birds and realized there was a Woodpecker of in the woods on my right hammering away for all he was worth.

How much wild life is about.

jimboalee

All of you have neglected to mention the ONE most important observation while cycling.

It is,,,,,

The loose change and occasional banknote that falls out of a motorist's pocket when they step out of their car.

This pays for puncture repair kits.

ChrisKH

Guru
I thought this was a good one yesterday. I cycled out of my drive and up the hill (yes, I have a hill first thing) and was approached by a black 2 door Mercedes who crossed in front of me and parked. Out jumped this very presentable (i.e. good looking) lady in dressing gown, white pyjamas with pink polka dots and fluffy slippers. She was holding a number of newspapers which she delivered to two of the houses in the street. I smiled as she crossed the road and she didn't look too happy. I summised that her wayward child was too ill or lazy to do the paper round and she had opted to do it herself. By car. Mind you that's not the first time I've seen a car delivering them it was just the clothes that amused me. :evil:

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Banjo said:
That moment of terror while U wait to find out if that wasp bounced off your helmet or went in one of the air slots:ohmy:

thats why cycling caps were invented...;)
Under the helmet before any arguments kick off!

Top Bottom