Things don't know, but you should

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
Their, there - get me ;)

Nope I wasnt listening at that point in the lesson !

Best way to remember I think is that out of 'there' and 'their', 'there' is the opposite to 'here' - so 'there' has 'here' in it. 'Their' is possessive. And 'they're' is for any time you could say 'they are' - so you can test the sentence in your head for that.

Remember with apostrophes, floks, the only time a possessive doesn't have one is for its. It's indicates 'it is'. but you'd say "the dog wagged its tail", no apostrophe.

yenrod

Arch said:
Best way to remember I think is that out of 'there' and 'their', 'there' is the opposite to 'here' - so 'there' has 'here' in it. 'Their' is possessive. And 'they're' is for any time you could say 'they are' - so you can test the sentence in your head for that.

Remember with apostrophes, floks, the only time a possessive doesn't have one is for its. It's indicates 'it is'. but you'd say "the dog wagged its tail", no apostrophe.

Thats mighty fine of your to give me a 'lesson' in their/there - i'll think of you in the same regard I used to think of my English teacher ;):tongue::tongue:

:thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
wafflycat said:
The middle one indicates the bike belonging to Fred as in, "the bike of Fred"

The last one indioates the bike belonging to more than one Fred as in, "the bike belonging to the Freds"

Thanks Waffles!;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch said:
;)

Sounds almost rude... I expect Fnaar to be along soon

Carwash

Señor Member
I am crap with British geography, particularly the locations of towns, cities, and counties. 90% of the time, I don't have a clue where they are beyond the vaguest of ideas. I must have missed that day at school. I'm actually much better with towns and regions in Scandinavia, 'cos I had to learn them. ;)

OP
OP
walker

walker

Carwash said:
I am crap with British geography, particularly the locations of towns, cities, and counties. 90% of the time, I don't have a clue where they are beyond the vaguest of ideas. I must have missed that day at school. I'm actually much better with towns and regions in Scandinavia, 'cos I had to learn them. ;)

Same with my Mrs, apart from the scandanavian bit.

Smeggers

Names of trees and birds and stuff.

Top Bottom