Things have changed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Too much detail

I was trying to be as brief as possible about it.

but hope all goes to plan and you're better at the end of it.

Thanks everyone, I have no idea when I'll be having it done now, although someone did suggest January.
 
Sorry to hear that the surgery has been cancelled at such short notice but it's not a decision that the surgeon would have made lightly and it gives you something to look forward to in the dark depths of January. I'm talking about the trumping, of course :heat:
 

colly

Re member eR
Location
Leeds
Shame it's been put off Doug. Were you psyching yourself up for the event ?

Maybe they were lying to you !! After all there's lots of that about.
 
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Shame it's been put off Doug. Were you psyching yourself up for the event ?

Yes, I was psyching myself up for it (and so were my family, gas masks at the ready too!).

Maybe they were lying to you !! After all there's lots of that about.

Lying about what? Farting like a cow?
 

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Location
Bristol
A friend of mine had his surgery delayed but they then changed the date again to bring it forward, though maybe January is a good date, after the chaos of Christmas. He only bits of his intestines were removed this time, but from the bits he has told me along the way the impact on his life is massive, and I hadn't realised all the side effects such as B vitamin injections etc, or the intimate knowledge of every service station along the motorways.

Good luck for your future surgery and here's hoping you smell as you would like!
 

Peteaud

Legendary Member
Location
South Somerset
Its a bum transplant!

Why? Has it got a crack in it?
smiley-laughing001.gif
 
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
Yes I've heard stories of people becoming experts on where all the public toilets are in a certain area and so on. I imagine I'll be ok once I recover, although I know my... Ummm..... 'Capacity' will be reduced.

Also it had occurred to me that January would be better because of Christmas. Its just a pain in the bum though (pardon the pun).

Incidentally, I pointed out the problem to my surgeon and they acted accordingly, it wasn't the other way round.
 
Top Bottom