Things that make commuting pleasant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

Stopping to chat with a fellow cyclist at the lights and asking for advice which is freely given over the next couple of hundred metres until our paths diverge.

Cheers mate.

I love it when cars speed past you and then you catch up and pass them while there stuck sitting in traffic!

I always give them a nice smile as i pass them.

I love it when cars speed past you and then you catch up and pass them while there stuck sitting in traffic!

One of my routes home has several traffic lights at fairly long distances - I am faster at a 'fully laden with shopping' cycle over the (fairly long) length than the cars, and I get to pass each of them about four times as they wait for each light!

Matthames

Über Member
Light traffic and every traffic light in your favour.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[quote name='swee'pea99' date='16 July 2010 - 11:19:34' timestamp='1279275574' post='1330299']
Drivers showing courtesy and consideration - and in my experience, they overwhelmingly do.
[/quote]

I'd not say overwhelmingly, but I can certainly live with a safe degree of indifference too ;-)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Slowing down and just taking your time on the way home.

I think thats a big one for me too. I enjoy the warm rides home in the summer, through the parks of london and out into the burbs. I've not been on the bike of recent and am kinda of missing that a lot (it'll probably be cold and wet by the time I get back on!

Top Bottom