Things to do in Derbyshire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Off on the annual family holiday soon. We will be staying near Matlock, Derbyshire. Can anyone recommend stuff to do/places to go that will keep a 5 year old girl entertained and will be OK for her 8 month old sister?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There is a tram museum in the area (cannot remember name at the moment) which is a good day out, my kids loved it.

Hugo15 said:
Off on the annual family holiday soon. We will be staying near Matlock, Derbyshire. Can anyone recommend stuff to do/places to go that will keep a 5 year old girl entertained and will be OK for her 8 month old sister?

Are you speaking in the third person? ;)

I couldn't just offer a flippant comment, so see if there's anything here:

http://matlock.inuklocal.co.uk/TouristInformation/

Trillian

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
There is a tram museum in the area (cannot remember name at the moment) which is a good day out, my kids loved it.

criech tram museum or something, its near Ashbourne

heights of abram, cable car up to the top of a massive cliff

whenever i'm up that way i'm either walking or biking

tissington (towards ashbourne) has its annual well dressing, where they deccorate all the springs and wells in the village, its meant to be really good.
think its this weekend, possibly all week

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:

The Crich Tramway Museum. I went there when I was a wee small sproglet. Loved it.

There's some caves up at Winnats Pass too. Speedwell Cavern (flooded, go round on boats) and Blue John (not flooded). Both pretty good.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Crich Tramway Museum is pretty good and it's been added to enormously in recent years. The caverns are scary places. I prefer the ones near Buxton.

Chatsworth House nearby. Has a farm and a very good adventure playground.

Maz

Guru
For a 5 y/o how about Gulliver's Kingdom?...it's somewhere around Derbyshire area, right? Always see signs for it when I'm off up to Sheffield.

Yeah, it's nr.Matlock.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Matlock - yep busy on Sundays - full of bikers.

Manifold Valley - good walk / cycling with family. (did it once on a club run then a few of us proceeded to fall of their bikes in the Ford on Matlock side - well funny as we were 35 miles from home, soaked !!!)

Saw Thomas the tank engin at the Tramway museum when he was 'on tour' a few years back.

Buxton is worth a nosey at

Smeggers

Maz said:
For a 5 y/o how about Gulliver's Kingdom?...it's somewhere around Derbyshire area, right? Always see signs for it when I'm off up to Sheffield.

Yeah, it's nr.Matlock.
Matlock Bath innit?

Top Bottom