1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things we meant to say, but

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Senior67, 20 Mar 2017.

1. Senior67

Senior67 Regular

Has anyone had the same experience that I had recently, where in a conversation with someone, you meant to say something but what you actually said was something different.
    My example was while I was taking a short cut through a nature reserve on my bike which is very popular with dog walkers so I travel quite slowly as some dogs are off the leads and I have to stop sometimes to let them through as the path is quite narrow, in the distance I saw a woman coming towards me with a dog lead in each hand and at the other ends 2 very boisterous staffie type dogs, who were pulling her along quite vigorously, as she came closer it was quite obvious that she had quite a large bosom that with the action of the dogs pulling and wearing a tight tee shirt it gave the impression of the old saying (2 ferrets fighting under a blanket) but in this case it would be more like 2 rabbits. As she became closer and the movement in the tee shirt became more obvious, I decided when I had to stop to let them pass I would say hello and comment on how boisterous the dogs where, when I stopped I meant to say, hello you have got your hand full with those two, BUT, I heard myself say, hello you have a right couple of handfuls there :blush::blush: then stammering after realising what I had said, the dogs, the dogs, exit sheepishly.

2. Rockymountain

Rockymountain A Scotsman abroad

once-you-start-making-freudian-slips-it-s-just-one-after-a-mother-224.png

rikki, Oldbloke, Dave 123 and 5 others like this.
  3. Bimble

Bimble Bimbling along ... Staff Member

By the sound of it I expect she's quite used to handling excitable old dogs.

Senior67 likes this.
  4. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

British Standard Handfuls I assume

5. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

As a teenager a friend and myself were talking to the parish priest.

I can't remember the topic of the conversation but my mate Stu meant to refer to a small armoured mammal...

It came out as armadildo.

The priest and I just about kept it together, but poor old Stu was beetroot red!

Dayvo and Drago like this.
  6. Best to keep comments about puppies to yourself.

7. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Or come up with just a bit too late. Walking t'hound in t'woods t'other day and I overheard a snippet: "We're all only human after all". Two seconds later I thought I should have immediately put on a Steven Hawking voice and said "Speak for yourself", but by then the moment was past.

Haitch and Drago like this.
  8. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Freudian slit. Sorry, slip.

Drago and Rockymountain like this.
  9. Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp Well-Known Member

A girl in my A level class said orgasm instead of organism. Not funny in itself except she went bright red and started sweating profusely, which I found amusing (I was sitting next to her).

This was 1978. Can't imagine any teenager suffering a case of the vapours nowadays over such a climax.

Drago likes this.
  10. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

:rofl:

She is probably giggling herself about that, no harm done