Things you have missed out on which everyone else seems to have done.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
You are Proff. Brian Cox AICMFP!

Niels Bohr

Gwylan

Veteran
Don't get me started on the extent to which I don't understand that subject. Smart TVs, set top boxes and all that malarkey. What was wrong with a b&w portable with a coathanger stuck in it and a knob to twiddle for tuning?

Family rows when the bloke across the road started his motorbike and the picture went.
Then George would move the aerial.
And a few other things were wrong.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Family rows when the bloke across the road started his motorbike and the picture went.
The George would move the aerial.
And a few other things were wrong.

When I was a kid the aerial was in the loft. Occasionally it would be necessary for my dad go up there and to move it or adjust it, which always involved a lot of shouting "OK NOW??" "NO IT'S WORSE ... HOLD ON STOP! THAT'S GOOD" "WHAT?" "NO IT'S GONE AGAIN"

Never soldered anything successfully

For some reason my hands never go exactly where I expect them - damn close but a bit out and sometime move a little without me wanting them to

me lud

no - really - I mean by a fraction of an inch - but soldering things requires some precision

so - not really a problem except that I spent most of my career as at least a part time IT technician
still - no-one noticed!! (except my ex-boss who extracted the whatsit rather a lot - great bloke so it was OK)

on the same point - never trust me to paint a straight line along the divide between the ceiling and the wall when decorating!!!!

Landsurfer

Veteran
Every morning we have a "Schrödingers Westie " moment ..... is Digby alive .... or is Digby dead .... Laid on the settee with a pillow over his head ... it's very hard to tell !

Landsurfer

Veteran
He is named for a character in the Mitchell & Webb comedy series. The character is "Sir Digby Chicken Caesar" a homeless alcoholic who believes he is Sherlock Holmes.... So our Digby's full name is ...
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

IMG_3004.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom