Things you have missed out on which everyone else seems to have done.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Spotify Premium is brilliant and cheap. Had it since late 2018 and our listening diversity has expanded massively - from a couple of hundred albums on CD to the data below.

The sheer simplicity of building and saving thematic playlists that we can tap into according to mood and whim is wonderful. As well as the terrific ability to just switch on, select a playlist and let it chug on for hours without having to flip CD's etc every half hour or so.

View attachment 700443

So I think you just said: Blah blah blah playlist cool digital things blah blah and showed me an impressive, but baffling, graphic

One day I'll do some research into it. I might even put a CD on in the background while I do it.

Gwylan

Veteran
Spotify. And digital music in general.

I keep meaning to try to figure out how it all works.

Completely forgot all those things. After Spotify I'm not sure I even know the names. TV deliverers, film sites and so on.

How do people afford all these little essentials?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Completely forgot all those things. After Spotify I'm not sure I even know the names. TV deliverers, film sites and so on.

How do people afford all these little essentials?

Don't get me started on the extent to which I don't understand that subject. Smart TVs, set top boxes and all that malarkey. What was wrong with a b&w portable with a coathanger stuck in it and a knob to twiddle for tuning?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Never watched Big Brother.
the first series was ground breaking and very good. No one knew what the concept was and they cast normal people who had no expectation of fame. They had psychologists analysing the contestants and their motivations.
It went down hill quickly when people entered just to get famous.
The producers moved very fast from a psychological experiment to a human zoo went they realised where the money was.

Venod

Eh up
Never watched Big Brother.

Never listened to Radio 1.

Never read the Spectator.

But do you feel you have missed out by the above ?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've never entertained the idea of watching Big Brother

I've long held the belief that (outside of covert CCTV monitoring) there's no such a thing as "Reality TV"

Even apes and dolphins have been known to act differently, when aware they are being observed

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Big Brother's one of those things, like Friends, that I know a fair bit about just because it's common knowledge floating around. I don't recall ever watching Big Brother, but I might have done. Probably not for long because of my goldfish attention span. I'll also have seen clips on other programs or just heard/read about it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
So I think you just said: Blah blah blah playlist cool digital things blah blah and showed me an impressive, but baffling, graphic

One day I'll do some research into it. I might even put a CD on in the background while I do it.

Thought were going to say gramophone. Maybe a wax cylinder.

I had free spotify since it started but rarely bothered with it until i went premium a month or two ago. Omg its its fab.
Love the suggestions it makes.

Well, maybe not Pusheen/Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows.

Top Bottom