Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My second ex!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People without using Sat Nav just to go to the shops (Like my Dad - he feels he needs to get his money's worth out of it! :laugh:)
My sister drove up to visit me yesterday and arrived late. I asked why and she said that her SatNav had been playing up so she had accidentally headed east on the M62 when she came off the M1, rather than west. She had found her way here perfectly happily for 24 years without the damn SatNav! :wacko:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My sister drove up to visit me yesterday and arrived late. I asked why and she said that her SatNav had been playing up so she had accidentally headed east on the M62 when she came off the M1, rather than west. She had found her way here perfectly happily for 24 years without the damn SatNav! :wacko:

I know, and the skills of map reading are being eroded away too, and all in the name of laziness.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
After tonight, Ceefax :cry: (I feel like I should mourn its passing, what with all the BBCesque graphics, cheesy music and the rest. Like the national anthem being played at the end of the day's transmissions, followed by several hours of the high pitched two tone 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....' noise, and then the test card the next morning (followed by Ceefax of course), it really was a relic from a previous era, and I don't know enough about it to know what else is now left).

Is there anyone in Northern Ireland who can still see it and tell us that its saying on its final day?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My satnav drives me nuts. I use it on journeys to bits of London I don't know, and all too often I drive hither & yon for 20 minutes, then come to a junction and think 'I know this! Bloody hell, I could've got here in five minutes!' I know it's all my own fault for being lazy...

Top Bottom