Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotmetal

I can do everything he does. Except fight crime. And garner praise from the ladies for my rugged handsomeness.
Correction. He can probably speak Italian at a guess. I'll just stick to pasta, wine and answering the phone in me jocks.

hotmetal

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c&feature=related

Stuff like this would make better viewing on telly.

Unreal. I can hardly believe that (especially in the US) you're actually allowed to climb a 1768 foot tower without a safety rope! Even in Britain today you have to go on a Working at Height course to be allowed to use a step stool! I like the way he waits till he gets to the top before checking for storm clouds (reckon the narrator made that bit up). Strange how they've blurred the other guy's face out though. Maybe they weren't supposed to be up there at all?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Tick list:

Crime fighting - check (done some in my past)
Wears trolleys - check
Ability to swim - check (naked is something best left to night time dips on holiday in Greece)
Drinks wine - occasionally, so check
Eats pasta - I make a mean 'Pasta 'n' Sauce out of the bag, so check
Speaks Italian - Ciao bella - check
Ruggedly handsome - well, with a face for radio, and looks that can only have been developed after years of being fed tins of beans via a catapult, the answer can only be - UH UH - Big Red X and off I go for a chat with Ant n Dec

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll tell you what I haven't seen since the 90s. Telly. Full stop. I (like most people, TV Licencing included) thought I was a one-off weirdo, but my GF hasn't had a telly for years either, and we're not alone. Primarily because there is just so much repetitive 'drama' or formulaic 'talent contests' and 'reality' shows on. Or programmes about chefs, property or whatever 'flavour of the month' is. And beyond that, because I simply don't have the time to watch it any more, so why waste the licence fee? We just watch films on the laptop if we want audiovisual entertainment. Admittedly there are some cool things that I probably miss, but seeing as I'm now so out of touch with what's on, I don't know what I'm missing, so I've probably got the radio on, or one of those big funny old round black things that make noises when you put a needle on. :tongue:

No, you are a weirdo.

I can't stand these oh so smug people who think they have it sorted when in reality, these days there is so much more on and you can look for gems instead of just being fed 4 channels and nothing else like in the early '90s! :rolleyes:

That said, except for Heir Hunters and sometimes The Wright Stuff, the terrestrial daytime telly is pretty crap. :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I see a boy has been killed in a hit and run in Bradford. Ok, so there are flowers at the scene etc, I don't mind that in the aftermath, but what isn't ok is when these things are perpetuated for far too long by the press and strangers long after it otherwise would have run its course.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Tick list:

Crime fighting - check (done some in my past)
Wears trolleys - check
Ability to swim - check (naked is something best left to night time dips on holiday in Greece)
Drinks wine - occasionally, so check
Eats pasta - I make a mean 'Pasta 'n' Sauce out of the bag, so check
Speaks Italian - Ciao bella - check
Ruggedly handsome - well, with a face for radio

:girl:
smiley-hug002.gif

smiley-hug002.gif
Luca.jpg

hotmetal

Not being 'oh so smug' mate. I didn't say it's big or clever to not watch telly. Just that I lost touch with it some time ago and now have no idea what is on. I've also publicly admitted to being in a very small minority. And I also admit that there are good things on, but as I now don't have a telly I'm not going to go and get one just to catch some of the better programmes. I didn't say I "have it sorted". If you like watching it, fill yer boots.

PS I think your second post was aimed at the other thread about the little girl in Wales, rather than things we don't see any more? It'd be nice to think we didn't see hit'n'runs anymore.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not being 'oh so smug' mate. I didn't say it's big or clever to not watch telly. Just that I lost touch with it some time ago and now have no idea what is on. I've also publicly admitted to being in a very small minority. And I also admit that there are good things on, but as I now don't have a telly I'm not going to go and get one just to catch some of the better programmes. I didn't say I "have it sorted". If you like watching it, fill yer boots.

Sorry, I should have made myself a lot clearer, I have come across a few people who don't own TVs any more, and the smugness is something I definitely pick up from them.

'Ha ha look at them still watching the telly, what a bunch of idiots, ha ha!!'

PS I think your second post was aimed at the other thread about the little girl in Wales, rather than things we don't see any more? It'd be nice to think we didn't see hit'n'runs anymore.

It was a sideways reply to the posts about the telly above and also to the other thread. sorry, a pan thread post there! :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Burtons
Timothy Whites
C&A

hotmetal

No no, not like that. People can do what they like (apart from invite me round to dinner and then force me to watch Big Brother). Interesting that you've come across several, like I said, I thought I was pretty much the only one till I met my girlfriend. She had one but when it broke she never bothered replacing it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No no, not like that. People can do what they like (apart from invite me round to dinner and then force me to watch Big Brother). Interesting that you've come across several, like I said, I thought I was pretty much the only one till I met my girlfriend. She had one but when it broke she never bothered replacing it.

Maybe it's just the circles I move in (ooh err!).

Incidentally, I find I don't miss telly, but at the same time, I do appreciate that it can be useful for learning things.

Top Bottom