Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People with 2 cameras on those wooden frames, one on top of another.

.....What was that for anyway?? Duplicates?
Stereoscopic images?

hotmetal

Those lenticular things that you used to get in cereal packets that when you bent them made it look like a small flat version of Kevin Keegan was actually kicking a ball in your hand.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The round coloured things you used to get, also in cereal packets which you put on your bike wheels and they moved up and down the spokes as the wheel turned. I can't remember the name of them currently.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Also, boys with a wooden ice lolly stick fixed in their bike wheel(s) to make it sound like a motorbike.

hotmetal

Also, boys with a wooden ice lolly stick fixed in their bike wheel(s) to make it sound like a motorbike.
If you had a Grifter you didn't need the lolly stick. You could fold the little mudflap into the tyre. Worked a treat until it wore out.

What about bikes with coaster hubs where you had to pedal backwards to brake. Do they still exist? EDIT: apparently so. Alive and well on a single-speed near you.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My brother had a second hand grifter, but I don't really remember the mud guard. It must have worn out by then. A friend and I had the stick in our wheels though after his Dad said that that was what he used to do as a kid.

As for Spokey Dokeys, for some reason, I think we called them something similar with a name that was like Spangles.... Although obviously it wasn't that! :blush:

Spokies? Something like that anyway.

Davehateshills

Had one of these on my Grifter. I also placed about 30 layers of cellotape around a playing card and then attached it to the front fork (in the spokes) so I had a proper motorbike! :becool:

horn.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
Those lenticular things that you used to get in cereal packets that when you bent them made it look like a small flat version of Kevin Keegan was actually kicking a ball in your hand.

But you still get them! Not in cereal packets maybe, but on cards, rulers, all sorts. Nephew Oli got one in his Christmas stocking last year, of a leaping tiger.

Top Bottom