Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The good old white dot on the TV when it was shut off.

White-Dot-on-TV-300x203.jpg
We've got a microwave that looks like that!

Maz

Guru
My grandparents had one volume, A-C, presumably they couldn't afford the rest just after the war.
I knew so much about Aeronautics, Architecture, Biology and Chemistry but sadly....
I got a book called 'How to Hug'...turned out to be Volume IX.
I was most disappointed. :headshake:

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 2074356, member: 259"]The ICL OPD. By the grace of God. :rolleyes:

opdlaunc.jpg
[/quote]
I always wanted one of those. I still do actually, where can I get one?

On the subject of Encyclopaedias, my parents have a full set of the Pears Encyclopaedia from sometime in the 60s. I'm guessing it may be worth more than a Britannica due to rarity.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dent, with cars in it. I never go there any more.
I have photographic evidence that I almost got you to Dent, but it cars in it that day - lots of cars (Annual Dent show) - so we went the other way to a pub instead! :thumbsup:
settle-hawes-042-jpg.3072.jpg

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have photographic evidence that I almost got you to Dent, but it cars in it that day - lots of cars (Annual Dent show) - so we went the other way to a pub instead! :thumbsup:
settle-hawes-042-jpg.3072.jpg

Crivvens, even from behind I am a remarkably good looking fellow! Those shorts were ruined in my Ride with Brad fall (torn asunder at £70!) and that jersey was lost to a zip malfunction. Was on that bike 'pon this very day though. I've not seen that pic before so thanks for posting it!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Crivvens, even from behind I am a remarkably good looking fellow!
Well, much better than from the front, Paul! :thumbsup:
I've not seen that pic before so thanks for posting it!
The pictures for that Settle forum ride are featured in ride reports from this page onwards.

It was such a fantastic route that I think I'll organise a repeat of the ride in summer 2013, subject to my health and fitness being up to it by then (which it should be).

BTW - On our ride, I warned everyone about the very steep, hairpinned, gated descent to Deepdale on the way to Dent. A few weeks later, a female cyclist died after crashing on that same stretch of road - news report. RIP. :sad:

Top Bottom