Things you never see any more No.361

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
White dog poo ^_^

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 2062273, member: 45"]Those lorries stacked with wicker baskets containing homing pigeons.[/quote]

I saw one in Thurso (of all places) about 3 or 4 years ago now. They were going to release the birds later that day IIRC, and they had to fly to places down south like Essex.

02GF74

Über Member
ring pulls from cans, and those wind off sardine tin lids

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2062273, member: 45"]Those lorries stacked with wicker baskets containing homing pigeons.[/quote]
There's a weekly race started at Hartshead, just off the M62. Back entrance into the services.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
ring pulls from cans, and those wind off sardine tin lids
CornedBeef2copy.jpeg

Similarly, do those finger-amputating corned beef can fiddly things still exist?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Similarly, do those finger-amputating corned beef can fidd View attachment 13082 ly things still exist?

Yes. I see lots....

There are also a couple of people on our rounds who still annililate cans with an old 'bull' type tin opener, leaving big jagged edges.

(I also often use a ring-pulled-off type can lid as an improvised blade to slice the tape on big cardboard boxes that people haven't flattened. Easier to fish one out of the steel can bag as needed, than to carry an actual knife or boxcutter. I feel a little bit like Ray Mears every time I do it.)

Top Bottom