Things you overhear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

I had a housemate once, who six months after BT has introduced their new facility, asked, "How does that 1 4 7 1 thing work?"

We told the same girl that we couldn't mend her bike, because my bike was a Peugoet, and being French, the chain was on the other side of the bike, and all of the tools in my tool box were left handed!!!!

More on topic... things overheard..... An barman in Richmond Virginia said to me, "Are you from Britain?". "Yes" I replied. "Ahhh, I didn't think you were speaking English" was the reply.....

Globalti

Legendary Member
My wife and I were wandering through the streets of Dublin when we saw a man who looked like an architect standing with a man who looked like a builder, both of them craning their necks to look up at a gable. As we passed the first said to the second: "Well, it's one of those things that needs doing sooner rather than later. In fact I'd sooner it was done sooner rather than later".

We giggled a bit at that.

Reading a book in my local pub years ago, I noticed a smartly-dressed, but sombre-looking chap sitting at the bar on his own. I went up to get another beer (Greene King IPA) and another bloke came in. He saw the smoothly-dressed bloke and said, 'JOHN! How are you? Long time no see . . .' and so on.
Not wanting to eavesdrop I continued reading. Questions were being asked in rapid succession when, just having taken a rather large mouthful of beer I heard him ask John, 'So how's your Dad, the old bugger? Last time I heard he was ill. How is he now?' I spat my beer out all over the place when John answered, 'He died last week. We've just buried him!' :biggrin:
Not very funny, perhaps, but it is if you're me! :?: :tongue:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have to say, it's not so funny when you are in the position of John... :tongue:

Although almost inevitable at some time or other.

Top Bottom