Things you'd like inventing that haven't been invented yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Polishing my shoes outdoors today,to stop bits of polish flying here and there onto carpets etc,i thought why can't someone invent a thing to stop the polish flying here there and everywhere. It could be a plastic sheet box,about 2.5 feet square. There would be arm holes with long rubber gloves attached to put your hands in,then polish your shoes in the knowledge that any bits will end up in the contraption rather than on the floor etc.

Come to think of it i've actually just invented it!!^_^

tony111

Veteran
Space Pipe.(Patent applied for).
A large diameter hose tethered in space to a satellite. The pipe is lowered to earth where ever large pollution occurs eg. Oil tanker fires. A valve is opened and the damaging fumes are sucked up into space...Simples. What could possibly go wrong?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Polishing my shoes outdoors today,to stop bits of polish flying here and there onto carpets etc,i thought why can't someone invent a thing to stop the polish flying here there and everywhere. It could be a plastic sheet box,about 2.5 feet square. There would be arm holes with long rubber gloves attached to put your hands in,then polish your shoes in the knowledge that any bits will end up in the contraption rather than on the floor etc.

I think you've just invented the Glovebox, which is already a thing.
Usually used for things that are a bit more hazardous than shoe polish, in all fairness...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Space Pipe.(Patent applied for).
A large diameter hose tethered in space to a satellite. The pipe is lowered to earth where ever large pollution occurs eg. Oil tanker fires. A valve is opened and the damaging fumes are sucked up into space...Simples. What could possibly go wrong?
That would only work with the satellite in geostationary orbit, otherwise the pipe will end up moving about and potentially wrapped around the Earth a few times.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think you've just invented the Glovebox, which is already a thing.
Usually used for things that are a bit more hazardous than shoe polish, in all fairness...
Yes,i based MY invention on that,but it's not quite the same so it's a new invention ok!:okay:
Seriously though,i wanted an image of the thing you've mentioned,but i didn't know what to look for. They're the things where you touch delicate or dangerous things with safety gloves in a sealed environment i take it?🤔

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
:okay: They're the things. Used a lot in the Space industry, which is how I knew what they were called. They're ruddy fiddly...
There's also versions to let you work in an inert atmosphere (like nitrogen) or even in vacuum.

A large, clear plastic bag would work well enough.

It's the sort of thing you use (but bigger) as what I use for opening dented cans of tomatoes that I've picked up on sticker. Being hit once in the eye with a high pressure jet of tomato juice when I pierced the top with a can-opener was quite enough... :laugh:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Being hit once in the eye with a high pressure jet of tomato juice when I pierced the top with a can-opener was quite enough... :laugh:
On the subject of tomatoes firing their juice,i now close my mouth fully when biting those little cherry tomatoes. I've bitten them with my mouth slightly open to see a jet of juice fire about 3 feet!🧐

Top Bottom